Michigan-Lansing
Options

JUST MARRIED!- Vendor Reviews

Hello all! I now have a husband! Now that the wedding and honeymoon have passed, I figured I would give a review of my vendors!

Rehearsal Dinner- Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe
They were awesome! We had our dinner out on the patio and it was perfect! The food was delicious and the servers kept our drinks full. They were very attentive.

Ceremony and Reception Site- Timber Ridge Golf Course
Things ran soooo smooth at this place!
They allowed us to come early on the day of the wedding to do some decorating at the ceremony site. They also rented the chairs for us and had them set up early.
We dropped the reception items off the night before the wedding and they did all of the set up for us! Everything looked amazing. Cathy who runs everything there is AMAZING! She handled absolutely everything and took such good care of us. She knew the ins and outs and definitely knew what she was doing. We didn't have to do anything! They also handled clean up and let us come back the next morning to get everything so that we didn't have to worry about it that night.

Officiant- Pam Klusak
She was awesome and made everything super easy! She handled everything for us, was on time, and did a great ceremony for us!

DJ- Matt from W.E.D.
He also was awesome! He played the music for our ceremony and reception. Everything ran very smooth- he came with a game plan and everyone had a great time. The dance floor was packed all night and he was very attentive to us!

Photographer- Stonekast Studios
They are based out of Mt. Pleasant, and they also did a fantastic job! They ended up bringing 3 photographers so I'm sure we are going to have a ton of pictures. Things also ran really smooth- they were really organized- the groomsmen were the ones who made pictures difficult!

Photobooth- MiPaparazzi
They are based out of Potterville and were also awesome. They were setup on time and everything ran very smooth- the photobooth was definitely a hit! They were very laid back, and even provided a scrapbook for the pages I was using as a guest book.

Cake- A Piece O' Cake
My husbands aunt actually made our wedding cake (which was fabulous), but I had Kevin's groom's cake made by this bakery. She did a Red Wings cake that turned our fantastic!

Transportation- Spartan Yellow Cab
We set up transportation for before and after through this cab company for the people at the hotel. They have an agreement with the hotel and we got $100 towards it if we booked 10 rooms. The driver we got was really nice (I didn't catch his name). He ended up staying almost 1 1/2 hours past the scheduled time because of how many people ended up needing the shuttle. Obviously we paid extra, but he was pretty cool about staying later.

Hotel- Courtyard by Marriot on Lake Lansing
This was the only part of the wedding that was stressful and frustrating. Stephanie, the contact person was really great- she was always on top of things and very helpful. The front desk staff was not so great... I don't think they knew what they were doing with the system and were continuously screwing up the reservations or saying that they were out of rooms when they weren't. When I went to check in (as the bride!) my room wasn't ready until 3:30, and check-in time is at 3:00. They almost got bridezilla! They also didn't hand out our welcome bags to most of our guests.

Manis/Pedis/Hair- Salon and Tan in Eastwood Towne Center
All of our manis/pedis turned out great. The owner/woman who runs things is a little pushy though- she also charged one of my girls more than what she was supposed to and when I asked her about it, she said that my girl lost the extra money and that she didn't overcharge her. She said that she is never wrong and that we didn't know what we were talking about. She almost got bridezilla as well, but everyone else there was really nice and did a good job. The girls who did our hair also did really well! Maya (SP?) did my hair and she spent almost 3 hours on it to make sure that it looked perfect- I was very happy with it!

Makeup- Kylie Dothsuk
She did my makeup as well as my moms, and 3 bridesmaids. She came to our hotel room to do it, came prepared and on time. She did a fantastic job and the makeup lasted all day, even through the heat (sweat) and tears!

Overall, it was a smooth and fabulous day! If you need info about any of my vendors, let me know!

Re: JUST MARRIED!- Vendor Reviews

• Options
    This information is so helpful. I've been looking for places to have my ceremony and reception. But, so far have had no luck. I just sent Timber Ridge an email, keeping my fingers crossed. Would you say they were affordable? Did they allow outside catering? Sorry to ask so many questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They don't allow outside catering- it was about $20 a person for food (depending on what entrees you get). It is $250 for the ceremony site and $750 for the reception site- the $750 includes everything except food and alcohol (linens, setup, tear down, cake cutting, everything...).
    They were super easy and accomodating so if it fits in your budget, I would definitely recommend them. Plus it is gorgeous out there for pictures and the reception area is really nice.
  • Options
    Awesome!  Thanks for sharing!  Just out of curiosity, how much did the cab company charge to shuttle people back and forth to the hotel? 
  • Options
    $50/hr. We had a shuttle for an hour before the ceremony (about 2 trips) and we should have had enough time for 3, more people used the shuttle than expected. Then we had the shuttle scheduled from 9-11 going back to the hotel and ended up using it until 12:30.
  • Options
    I just booked my reception and ceremony at Timber Ridge. Cathy was super nice when I met with her to take a tour. I'm so excited. I can now start trying to get the rest of the things on my list checked off. Any advice other advice or tips in regards to Timber Ridge will be appreciated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards