Michigan-Lansing
Options

I could really use some HELP!!!!

So FI and I went to the Lansing Bridal show and we were the winners for a half off top package for our dj. The DJ is Premier Sound. We met with them and really like them. We want to book them but he wants what would be the deposit for as if were didnt win anything and were being charged for $1200 as it is normally. So they want us to pay 600 right now and our wedding is not till 2012 in september.

My question for you ladies is do you think it is fair that they want a regular deposit when i have said we would like to put half down right now so $300 becasue our wedding is so far away that who knows they could go out of business before then and then we are out $600.

Or would you just forget about him If he isn't willing to listen to what Cody and I are thinking about money wise.
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I could really use some HELP!!!!

• Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That seems unreasonable to me.  Have you talked to any other DJs?  I don't know what the package you won includes, but my DD is paying $700 for her DJ and I know a number of others are in that price range.  DD only needed to put down a $200 deposit.

If he's not willing to lower the deposit, tell him you need to look around a bit before you sign anything and see if that changes his mind.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Aholton88Aholton88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I think we are going to go somewhere else... Cody is really upset because they want a answer in 2 days and they know we dont live in the same city and he works overnight so we really dont talk till the weekend. When I left a message saying that we would feel much better about only paying half and is saying becasue the package we won is normally 1200 he get 600 and so we have to pay the full 600
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't give a DJ that large of a deposit that far in advance.  My DJ is $895 and I paid a $100 deposit.  I think $600 is unreasonable. Is that what he charges all of his clients?
  • Options
    Aholton88Aholton88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes it is. That is what he said.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely look somewhere else!  My DJ is $600 total and we had to pay a $200 deposit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    222 Invited image
    173 Ready to Party image
    49 Missing Out image
    0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: May 20, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Premier Sound DJ
    Posted on their Facebook page before it was shut down shutdown...........

Premier Sound DJ Local Business • Hemlock, Michigan Address 428 Sproll, Hemlock, MI 48623 • Get Directions Phone    989-714-2376 989-513-2859 PREMIER SOUND IS A THRIVING BUSINESS VENTURE OF TWO ENTREPRENEURS WHO DARED FOR SOMETHING MORE. TWO MEN WHO WANTED FREEDOM FROM WORKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE, TRUE JOB SECURITY AND LONGEVITY IN AN UNSECURE JOB MARKET.FREEDOM OF TIME AND $. WE THANK GOD. " THE ONLY CHOICE FOR ALL YOUR ENTERTAINMENT NEEDS" PREMIER SOUND OFFERS THE COMPETITIVE EDGE WHEN IT COMES TO ENTERTAINMENT. THE ABSOLUTE BEST IN LED LIGHTING, SOUND, ALL BRAND NEW TOP OF THE LINE EQUIPMENT UPDATED EVERY YEAR TO BE SECOND TO NONE. WHEN IT COMES TO THE BEST CALL PREMIER SOUND FOR ALL EVENTS, WEDDINGS, CORPORATE FUNCTIONS,FORMAL DANCES, PRIVATE PARTIES, BAR ENTERTAINMENT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING FOR YOU SINCERELY JOSHUA BARZ AND ROBERT LYVERE FOR PRICING AND BOOKING INFO CONTACT (989)714-2376 OR (989)513-2859 Places United States Michigan Hemlock All Places Facebook © 2011 • English (US) Premier Sound DJReviews Misty Pelo Blanchard "" We booked Premier Sound back in February for our August wedding (last night). Josh nor Bob showed up. It took them weeks to call us back when we left a mesage and they always had an excuse as to why they weren't timely in responding. My ceremony came and went with no Premier Sound in sight. My family rallied and found another DJ who got to the reception before the guests and he was phenomenal. It was Perfect Party Music and their number is (989) 686-2507. I would recommend them hands down for any DJ needs since they show up when they say they will! In order to post this, I have to give a star rating and 0 stars are not an option so I picked one which is being pretty gracious... Yesterday at 3:53pm • • o            
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards