Michigan-Lansing
Options

Wedding in Frances Park on Moores River Dr

Hi knotties!

I was thinking about having a wedding ceremony at this location, and was wondering if any of you are planning or had one here? There seems to be a lot of rules and ordinances. Ex: No seating or chairs, no more than 100 people, etc.  But it is BEAUTIFUL and I love it...so please help, suggestions and comments welcome!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding in Frances Park on Moores River Dr

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is beautiful there, but there are a LOT of rules, including no chairs which I don't like the idea of people not being able to sit (especially elderly), and it's not private at all, other people are free to walk the grounds as your ceremony is going on. Do you already have a reception space? There are a lot of other places around that are beautiful too. I just got married at Lakeview Banquet Center a week and a half ago (www.lakeviewweddingsandreceptions.com). It's gorgeous there and there's a giant weeping willow tree and lots of beautiful greenery, and the inside is amazing too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding, I'm sure it was very beautiful, I just visited that website and great idea btw! I'm going to definitely keep this place in mind... I'm also thinking of having my reception at Cobblestone Event Center in Mason, MI but seems like a lot of work for set up and decor..

Thanks so much for the help and congrats again!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    One of my favorite things about the Lakeview was that the grounds and the inside reception space are so pretty on their own you need hardly ANY decorations. The reception space used to be a restaurant and jazz club and it's really unique. The website doesn't do it justice, I'd really recommend going and checking the place out! The prices were good as well and the staff were AMAZING! They were seriously the nicest people! I guess I can't gush enough cause our wedding went perfect there and we got so many compliments on it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards