Michigan-Lansing

Reception- Hawk Hollow or Walnut Hills

Hi Lansing Brides, I am looking to have a spring wedding in 2012 and right now my fiance and I are trying to decide between Hawk Hollow or Walnut Hills as a reception site... any thoughts based upon your own experiences?  I really appreciate it, and look forward to reading more soon!

Re: Reception- Hawk Hollow or Walnut Hills

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Both are beautiful locations.  My DD chose Walnut Hills because she liked the more classic feel of the room, loved the staircase and liked the idea of being the only event in the facilty.  We've also found Daelynn and Jeff (the chef) to be very easy to work with and willing to accomodate what we want, rather than, this is how we do weddings, take it or leave it.

Her wedding isn't until July, but we've really liked working with Walnut Hills so far.

Have fun in your planning.
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at both of these places and chose Hawk Hollow. Walnut Hills wasn't really my style. I love that at HH we have the wrap around veranda and the high ceilings (we are upstairs in the Lakeview room). However, I liked the coordinator at Walnut Hills more. She was extremely nice and seemed very helpful. I haven't been super impressed with HH's people yet, but I'm not worried. I've read other brides great reviews of them leading up to the wedding and the day of. And I'm also having my own day of cooridnator, so she will help with things running smoothly too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My sister's June wedding was at Walnut Hills.  It was great.  They were so iincredibly helpful, even helped us set up decorations the night before and put out programs the day of (she had her ceremony outside).  They were incredibly accomodating in every way.  The day of they gave us golf carts and we were able to drive out on the grounds for some really pretty pictures.  I don't have any experience with HH, but I would definitely recommend Walnut Hills.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards