Michigan-Lansing

Caterer Needed

I'm getting married next October and am searching for a cateter. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Caterer Needed

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Check the vendor recommendations in the first post.  There should be some recommendations there.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is your venue?  Sometimes they have specific catering companies they use (or require you to use!)
  • Bleh1122Bleh1122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The reception is at the Eagle Park Hall and they don't have a list of preferred caterers that we have to use. I looked at the vendor recommendations in the first post, but most of the food was catered by the reception facility.
  • davandladavandla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    go to the Grand Ledge Opera House website and they have a caterer list.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

Check Ottawa Street Catering.  They did my DD's wedding 2 years ago and we were completely happy with the food and service.

• MC+SLMC+SL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check out Morton's catering. They did our wedding Oct. 1 and it was great! Everyone kept saying how awesome the food was.  If you want to do all the add-ons, it can get a little bit pricey, but still WAY more reasonable than what you would pay for at a venue that has their own caterer.

http://www.mortonsfinecatering.com/

• honeeybunnyhoneeybunny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely go with Ottawas Street Catering. Check out www.ottawastreetcatering.com. It may look more than other caters but if you break down what is included with your meal, sale tax is included and no 18% gratuity as well as the service they provide it is totally worth it.  
    edited December 2011
    Honeeybunny - why don't you tell us more about your wedding?  What other vendors did you use?

Your only two posts have been about this one particular catering company and we would love to hear who else worked your wedding.
  • honeeybunnyhoneeybunny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't go on this web often. I happended to see this post and answered it. I apology if you feel I'm being "unfair". This is the only cater I know, Beth H is the only cake lady I know and SHE IS GREAT...whatelse.. Oh, the lady at Dewitt Banquet is difficult to deal with.   

edited December 2011
    No need to apologize but it does look suspicious when someone's only posts are about one vendor because vendors occasionally disguise themselves as brides and try to recommend their own business.

So when posters can tell us more about other vendors they used and information about their weddings, it gives the recommendations a little more weight, you know what I mean?

When was your wedding?  How did you meet your fiance?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards