Indiana

Ceremony using own pastor?

I am looking for some ideas for our ceremony!  We are getting married on November 3rd, and we are using our own pastor (from Chicago) but are having trouble finding a location for the ceremony!  It is too risky to have it outside that time of year, and alot of churches either won't allow it or have only small roles that our pastor can play in the ceremony.  Anybody know of any other venues either downtown or on the north/northwest side of Indy that we could work with?  I first thought of the Statehouse but my cousin got married there a few years ago, so I want to go with some place different...

Re: Ceremony using own pastor?

• keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    Did you try New Life or Eastern Star? Not sure on anything, but because they are mega churches, they may let you use your own pastor. 

Also, here is a post on the subject that may help:
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Any of the venues along the canal (Eiteljorg, Indiana State Museum, Indiana Historical Society, Buggs Temple) would allow you to bring in your own officiant.  Also, Fountain Square Theater would as well.  I'm not sure if any of these places would allow you to do just the ceremony there, you may have to do the entire ceremony and reception there.  On the northside, there is Montage, The Fountains, The Mansion at Oak Hill (not sure if they do indoor ceremonies), Ritz Charles (they have a chapel on-site) as well as the hotels.  Hope that helps!
    September 2012: Invitations

• St. Luke's United Methodist in Indianapolis will let you use your own pastor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards