Indiana

wedding dress shopping in NWI

I'm going dress shopping in northwest Indiana this weekend.  Any suggestions on stores to visit or avoid?

Thanks!!!

Re: wedding dress shopping in NWI

• topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to Catherine's Bridal Boutique in Valpo this weekend. It relocated from Hobart. There's also a location in Crown Point.

I've heard mixed things about Bridal Mansion in Hobart right on 51. You could always just see what they have.

I think a couple of friends have bought dresses in Michigan City somewhere.

There's a small shop in Merrillville, but it looks a little dumpy, so I don't know about it lol.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Sisters Bridal in Valpo.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amylynn121amylynn121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Theres Davids Bridal in Merrillville. If nothing else its a good place to start. unfortunately my favorite bridal store, danielles, closed :(
    If you dont find a dress you love, but you figure out what you want (like you find a skirt you love on one dress and a top you love on another) I know a woman in st. John who makes bridal and bridesmaid dresses out of her home. She also does alterations. If thats a route you would consider going, her website is www.makingmemories4u.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just remembered that a new store opened up in Crown point. Its on 93rd between broadway and mississippi. I think its called Robert Taylor Wedding Shoppe. I would avoid southlake bridal in the mall-my sister went there and all of the dresses seemed kindof cheaply made. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpumneakpumnea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks! I think I'm going to check out Catherine's, David's Bridal and Robert Taylor this weekend.  I'm soo excited!!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me know what you think of Robert Taylor..I've been curious about the place, i just havent made it in yet. good luck, and have fun shopping!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting my dress from davids bridal! :)
    ~my new planning bio~ ~I am proud to be in love with a American Solider- He's a true American hero~ ~"When i close my eyes by your side is where i'll always be"~
  • brandi0507brandi0507 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Robert Taylor!! I bought a sample dress bc the dresses were way out of my budget. They have BEAUTIFUL dresses and the owner is extremly nice. I believe her name was linda. The dresses range from $800 and up but she has a lot of clearance dresses as well. Good luck!
  • kpumneakpumnea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for everything!  I ended up only going to Catherine's in Valpo.  My dress was the fourth one that I tried on there!  :)  We also found the bridesmaid dresses and the flower girl dress while we were there.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Park Avenue Brides in Merrillville.  Staff was super friendly and the owner was quite helpful.  They have dresses from as low as $200 that I saw, these were the off the rack take it with you dresses.  Great pricing and excellent selection.  Good luck!  I checked out Robert Taylor as well.  Their prices were on the high side I felt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards