Indiana

Anyone shopped at the David's Bridal in Lafayette, IN?

I just made an appointment today to go to the David's Bridal in Lafayette to try on dresses.  I was searching online for information about paying for dresses and stumbled upon sooo many horror stories.  Stories about brides ordering their "new" dresses and picking them up months later with stains and obvious signs of wear.  Not to mention the reviews I'm sure everyone has read about horrible customer service. 
The thing is, I can't find ANY reviews that are actually for the Lafayette location.  Has anyone used the Lafayette store? After making my appointment, I'm suddenly getting ridiculously stressed amd paranoid about getting a used dress :S Even if it's not stained, I'm really iffy about wearing things that other people have worn......I can deal with trying on the same dress other people have tried on, but I don't want to wear a used dress for hours....I mean, it's not like Goodwill where I know it's used and can go home and throw it in the washer....

Re: Anyone shopped at the David's Bridal in Lafayette, IN?

• sclamssclams member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been there yet, but I'm probably going to get my BM dresses there. From everything I've heard, some David's Bridal locations are terrible, and others are really good. I just googled the lafayette location and found this page of reviews:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=2413014410861173089&q=lafayette+indiana+david%27s+bridal&hl=en&view=feature&mcsrc=detailed_reviews&num=10&start=0&ved=0CIwBELUF&sa=X&ei=fETATMK2GJauywTP0YXVAg
    It's hard to judge from only 5 reviews, but it sounds like they're okay, but there's still some problems. Keep your eyes open, but don't freak out!

If you're still really nervous, check out other stores in the area. I ordered my dress at Chiffon in Lafayette, and they are fantastic. They also have a lot of dresses that are budget-friendly, if price is the reason you're going to David's. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Every David's Bridal has a different way of operating. I live on the east side of Indianapolis and went to the Castleton location and had the worst experience with them. I left without trying one dress on. They lost my information prior to me coming, accused me of not making an appointment then proceeded to tell me I had to wait even though I had made that appointment around my schedule and my Bridesmaid a month before the appointment! I went to a few other shops and I heard good things about the David's Bridal in Greenwood and had the best consultant, appointment and treatment in that location. I would highly suggest feeling out the place before you purchase or even try anything on. You should ask the consultant how long it would take them to get a new dress in and tell her you want to try on dresses but would prefer to order new because you don't want to buy the dress that a ton of other women have tried on. My consultant was super understanding. I recieved my dress 6 weeks later, and my Bridesmaids came 8 weeks after that appointment. Also you will get a preview of the service you will get when you see how many brides she is assisting. I don't think that its wrong for them to help other people, but I have a close friend getting married a few months after me and her consultant had 3 other brides and needless to say was only worried about getting her to buy the dress rather then help her find the right dress.
    Goodluck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't let them pressure you into buying something that day.  Their dresses take about 6 weeks to come in, not 6 months like they'll tell you.  Also, they have specials ALL the time, so unless you are 100% convinced you found your dress and are dead set on ordering it that day, you don't need to.

They WILL give your number to vendors, so be prepared to start getting obnoxious telemarketer phone calls.  "Congratulations, you and your FI have won an amazing bridal package!" and then they just try to sell you things.

I went to the DB in Greenwood, and I didn't like my consultant (she kept leaving me in the dressing room for a LONG time, and told me I had a weird body shape) and I could not get out of that store fast enough.
  • tambug87tambug87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to the David's Bridal just to look for Bridesmaid's accessories, and the service was not the greatest for me. Since I was not looking for Dresses they didn't help me one bit.

Hopefully since you are looking for dresses that they will be of much better help!
    Good Luck and Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan, but I've only gotten bridesmaid dresses there. I've been to David's in several locations and they all seem about the same. I used the one in Lafayette most recently and they ended up getting all the bridesmaids in a size too small. We were squeezed in tight on the day of the wedding! I would recommend asking that they measure you (they never did me) because the dress you try on will probably be "stretched" from use.  Also, they never called me to tell me my dress came in and the bride got angry calls demanding the bridal party pick up their dresses.
  • mabrianimabriani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my dress altered by a family friend in Lafayette. She says she gets a lot of business from girls having to get their dresses re-altered after the David's there butchers them. Even if you buy your dress there, you may want to get it altered elsewhere. My lady is fabulous. She does all the work for Purudue's show choirs and just finished a ton of work for the Miss Indiana pagent. She's good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at DB in Lafayette. I had a good experience, but my second consaultant wasn't as good as the first (she seemed like she didn't want to be at work that day...)
    I've also heard that alterations at DB are awful, bu have not expirienced it first hand... my dress is getting altered by a family friend.
    imageAnniversary
  • LaurenAsh23LaurenAsh23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes-I just went there a few weeks ago to LOOK. They were not overly pushy and were all very nice. The consultant that I had working with me did not seem very educated, but the manager and district manager stepped in and helped out a lot. This was my first trip to look at dresses and it went a lot better than I had ever hoped. I would definitely go back-and do plan on getting the Bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dresses there. They also partner with a lot of other businesses in lafayette and can give you some inside info and possibly discounts. 
    TTC since January 2012. Me: 24 & DH: 30

DH SA (1/21/13) is perfect! 1st RE appt set for 1/30/13

BFP on 1/26/13! EDD is 10/5/13! 1st appt at 5w6d and diagnosed high risk due to high BP. Put on meds. 1st Ultrasound scheduled for 2/22/13. Blighted ovum At 7w6d D&C 2/26/13 Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Just thought I would update this since my appointment has already happened and other people might want to know...
    I had a Saturday appointment and was worried that I wouldn't get enough help or attention since some people had mentioned that.  It was VERY busy.  There were two other brides trying on dresses in the same area as me, but there was plenty of room for everyone(including the seven people I brought with me).  The woman assisting me was soo helpful and she did have to help another girl every once in a while, but whenever she did, another woman would jump right in to help in her place.  The second woman said she was new, and it did show, but she was also very professional and friendly.  The only times I was left alone in the dressing room was when I asked for a dress that was "like this one, but different" and they had to go search for one, which they did very effectively! In the end, I've ordered a dress from a different place, but I definitely enjoyed my experience at the Lafayette David's Bridal.  I also feel like I should mention that I was not pressured at all to buy a dress, even though they had a sale going on.  No one asked when I was planning on buying a dress or mentioned the credit card or anything like that....I was pleasantly surprised by that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards