Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Favorite/Least Favorite Childhood Christmas Gifts

Sorry I havent posted any fun topics/polls in awhile...life got real busy.  That said, with the holidays coming up, what were your favorite and least favorite childhood christmas gifts??

My EasyBake oven was easily my favorite Christmas present as a kid.  I don't remember a BIG least favorite, but around 3rd grade my mom started filling our stockings with things like toothpaste, floss, etc.  And that made stockings so not fun.

Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Childhood Christmas Gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww boo...stockings are supposed to be filled with candy!

Least favorite would probably be any of the clothes my grandma bought me when I was a teenager. I love my grandma to death..but...I just couldn't stand another year of puffy Christmas sweatshirts and sweatpants. Luckily my mom goes shopping with her now to get things for me lol.

Most favorite would probably be this stuffed lamb my parents got me when I was little. I don't know why I loved that thing so much but I did :)
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    erbear84erbear84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I ever had a least favorite Christmas gift, honestly!  I think my most favorite gift ever was my Sega Game Gear...my mom has pictures of me surrounded by other presents just freaking out that I got it!  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg erbear... I bought myself a sega game gear with my First Communion money.  I STILL have it and it still works (albeit intermittently.  I played sonic nonstop on that thing).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Favorite- most definitely my american girls dolls and their collections. Loved them. I would play with them now if they weren't packed up at my dads.

Least Favorite- Sooo I had a great aunt who had dementia, and she sorta forgot it was Christmas when my uncle came to pick her up for the holiday dinner. She definitely just grabbed items in her house and put them in bags to give to us. I think I got a vest. Lol, the whole family just sorta laughed about it. She had a good heart, and tried her best :-)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anything clothes related was least favorite (I remember my mom being on a kick when we should get clothes from grandma...)
    Favorite gift was probably my BB Gun.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Favorite - Super Nintendo from 2nd grade - still have it and it works like a charm!  FI and I play it all the time!

Least Favorite - like mdphd, I hated the "toiletries"  stocking stuffers.  Funny, though, I love getting them now!!
  • Options
    erbear84erbear84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_favoriteleast-favorite-childhood-christmas-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:0b64ee3a-8f80-47ab-9c41-7811fafd6fe2Post:ff33f907-777d-45fc-98ea-4fb6f3518f81">Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Childhood Christmas Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg erbear... I bought myself a sega game gear with my First Communion money.  I STILL have it and it still works (albeit intermittently.  I played sonic nonstop on that thing).
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]

<div>Mine still works, too!  My nieces like playing it from time to time.  The one Sonic game I had on there was the only video game (and will likely always been the only!) I have ever actually beaten!  </div>
  • Options
    My favorite Christmas present was when I was 13. I had opened a gift from my parents and it was... a cookie tin. I tried to look happy as I thought, "What the hell kind of gift is this?" When I opened the tin, it was fillled with New Kids on the Block stuff!!  Those giant pins they used to have, and a cassette tape. Yes, cassette tape. I know, I am showing my age. But that's still the best present I ever got.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards