Indiana
Options

Outdoor ceremony/reception site

Does anyone know of a good outdoor ceremony/reception site in the Indianapolis area?  I'm looking for something that is scenic but not trashy (no aluminum-sided barns in the background).  I also want something that's not outrageously expensive, so preferrably something where I'm not required to use their caterer with a food/beverage minimum.  Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Outdoor ceremony/reception site

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about Avon Gardens (www.avongardens.com)?  Very pretty, and I am pretty sure you can bring your own food/caterer.
  • Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forest Park Inn, Forest Park Lodge, Osprey Pointe Pavilion, there's some kind of lodge at Eagle's Creek as well--try city/county parks departments.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    AwBethAwBeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.coxhallgardens.com/my in-laws went to a wedding here, and they raved about it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coxhall Gardens is Ritz Charles catering only per the Carmel-Clay website.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely loved Avon Gardens but after receiving pricing, I had to turn it down. It is 28/person to rent it out for the ceremony and reception. They do a lot but it was still a little too much for us to justify.
  • Options
    dnl818dnl818 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Avon Gardens next June. It is $24 a person for the ceremony and reception for the rental fee. For our small 50 guest wedding, we paid $1200. You also have to pay for rental items such as tables, chairs, We also liked the IMA but it was so expensive. Avon Gardens is a bit more expensive than other places when you add in the item rental, but I justified the additional expense because we were saving a lot of money by them allowing us to choose our own caterer(you can even make the food yourself if you want). Also, other than centerpieces and things like boquets and bouts, the place is pretty much decorated, so you save a ton of money on floral costs. It's not for everyone, but as soon as I saw it I loved it. It's definitely worth checking out. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had checked out Avon Gardens online but I was turned off by their alcohol policy.  Don't they require you to have insurance or something in order to have alcohol?  Or maybe it was no alcohol at all?  Could you fill me in on the details since you're using that site for your wedding?  Thanks for the info! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Oakhill Mansion? My Brother in law works there, and its very pretty...www.oakhillmansion.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't know about Avon Gardens specifically, but in general I think you need to have insurance if you are serving alcohol.  Most halls carry it themselves.  My reception site is a historical building and so I have to get it myself, but that consists of adding a $30 rider to my homeowners insurance.  No biggie.
  • Options
    danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This place is beautiful.  It's in Lebanon, just a little north and west of Indianapolis.[url]<a href="http://www.lumiere-spa.com/weddings-and-events" rel='nofollow'>http://www.lumiere-spa.com/weddings-and-events</a>[/url]
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dnl818dnl818 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Total agreement with ebarno. All the places we researched(and we looked up a lot of places!) that allow you to use an outside caterer require the caterer to be insured in order to provide alcohol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The garden chapel in greenfield is beautiful no out buildings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards