Indiana
Options

Awesome Seamstress

For those still or will need to be looking for a seamstress, I was intoduced to an awesome one last night. She owns/works at Alex's Tailor Shop in Castleton [directly across from J.C.Penney's in the strip mall]. Her name is Sonya and her prices where unbelievable. I got my dress at David's Bridal but didn't want to pay their alteration fees. She is adding sleeves, fixing the bodice, adding a panel for the corset part, doing the bustle and shortening the sleeves to 3/4 for $102. I was floored. All my bridesmaids took their stuff there to hem and fixing the halter on their dresses and adding a sheer cover where the halter crosses in the front and nothing for them was over $50 total. Her work is great!

Re: Awesome Seamstress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I take all my stuff to her as well!  She's great!  She's even working on a bridesmaid dress for me right now!
  • Options
    Luvngrl247Luvngrl247 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the post!  I live on the east side of Indy and the only referal I got so far for a seamstress was in Avon-- Didnt want to drive that far!   So to the people who posted as well- You have gotten your dresses back from her and her work was awesome also? Thank you!
  • Options
    Married678Married678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are great prices!! Good find!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She's done 1 bridesmaid dress prior to this, a Halloween dress, and hemmed some pants I think.  But yes, her work is great and she's very reasonably priced.  I was referred to her by another friend a couple years ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great to know!!! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards