Indiana
Options

Wedding moved or postponed...Please help!!!!

We were to get married in Gatlinburg on Oct 24. We are now either having it in Indiana or postponing it to next year. I would really like to keep the same date because everything is already personallized with that date. Yes I know that is 3 months away. Can anyone help with officiant or ceremony cite? We are moving/postponing due to money so looking for something cheap but not tacky.

Re: Wedding moved or postponed...Please help!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A few questions- can you narrow down an area that would work for you'?Also do you just need a ceremony site/officiant or will you need a reception site too?
  • Options
    cjbyarscjbyars member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looking for central Indiana (Lebanon, Indy, Frankfort, etc). Right now we are mainly concerned about ceremony and officiant.
  • Options
    jessicravensjessicravens member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brown County has beautiful cabins and Abe Martin Lodge in the State Park, plus lots of other places in Nashville.  Johnson County Park is very nice too... we are going to a wedding there in a few weeks. Are you looking for indoor/outdoor/church? HTH
  • Options
    cjbyarscjbyars member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now we are looking at all options. I talked to my aunt last night and we may try to do it at my grandpa's house. He has a beautiful huge yard. We hope to know by the end the weekend. Anyone know how to look for officiants??? Thank you everyone for your help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can actually find officiants in the yellow pages or you can google it. There is often a list of JOP's in the county where you'll get married. So it'll help once you have that figured out. Good Luck !
  • Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you google "Indianapolis Offficiants" you should get a pretty fair listing.  Some that come up are A Beautiful Affair of the Heart and Rev David Heady.  With that, though, know that finding an independent officiant can be expensive.  Maybe consider having a close friend or family member get ordained online to officiate.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had the same issue (not able to find an officiant). We had a close friend get ordained online, and we wrote the ceremony. It meant a lot to him and us. It is free to get ordained online.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards