Indiana
Options

RSVP's (yes.. I know..)

So I know nobody wants to hear about RSVP's on any boards any more .. but I thought I would share this comment on the Niners board (because it was so funny and I loved it).I posted about how my friend called last night (3 days after I had given my final numbers) to tell me that she can't make it .. for not very good reason. Then FI tells me that his aunt/uncle haven't made up their minds whether they WANT to come up or not!!! GRRRR ... This comment just made my day. This is why it's good to have an on-call knottie to invite if people back out after you already pay for them - since it's one guest who won't be insulted by such a last minute invite, hahaSooo anyone not busy on the 12th?? Hehe ;)

Re: RSVP's (yes.. I know..)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They might not be insulted, but feel totally akward.  Unless you have had lots of knottie get togethers.I totally saw some of the May 09 brides had pictures of knotties at their wedding they had invited because people dropped out.  It is so weird to me...My H would never go for it."How do you know the bride and groom?"  "Well, we chat on the internet a couple times a week."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha. Brad would have no idea, but if he did he probably wouldn't be too flattered either. I did tell FI today that he should push his aunt and uncle to decide and thell them we already put in our final numbers last week and accounted for them to be there (and that it wasn't cheap either). Tactful, no. Is it going to get me to make my dad actually pay for food that people will enjoy, probably. Oh well. At this point I don't give a rats arse.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea. Want to be my back-up guest when the time comes?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I could have titled this thread a little better eh ..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We paid for about 20 people who didn't show.  Paying for it all ourselves I was a little ticked off at first, but in the end our day was still worth every penny and what can we do about it now?
  • Options
    Married678Married678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, half of our 200 guest list didn't make it. Natural disasters will do that to ya ;)I hope you don't have too many more drop outs. I know it's a frustrating feeling to pay for empty seats! GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a really fun idea! I have met a ton of dog bloggers from my nearly 2 years of having a pug blog and being a member of dogs with blogs, and I know a lot of the bee's on weddingbee go to one anothers' weddings when this happens. Someone also posted on the March board about this! Way to think positive instead of letting it make you even MORE mad (ps I would pitch a fit... ugh... let's see what happens come 2010)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I wouldn't have done it since I haven't met any of you in person.  When I started on here it was pretty dull and no knottie get togethers.  Seems like you fall 09ers and 2010ers are going to be better aquainted though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hehe yes and pugs i need to get with you about your dog blog!!! Cato needs one asap!!! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG if Cato starts one I will totally pimp it out on my blog! LOL!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards