Indiana

update: Wisdom teeth removal

I had my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday.  Luckily it was really easy.  The actual removable was about 5 minutes for all 4. But, while we were waiting for my prescription H got really dizzy and almost passed out.  So, less than 1 hour after my surgery we were in the emergency room and I was trying to check him into the ER with a mouth full of gauze and swollen face. It was really scary and because they did ekg, cat scan, and blood work to rule out stroke, heart attack, blood clots, etc.  After 5 hours they came to the conclusion in was an inner ear imbalance which can hit anyone at any time.  H has been kind depressed since because he was supposed to take a physical test for a fire department he wanted to get on you can't reschedule and they wouldn't let him take it.  So, I've been spending the weekend trying to cheer him up and make sure he is getting back to 100%.  He eats extremely healthy, hardly drinks, and works out 6 times a week, so he feels really cheated this happened the day before the test. He seems in a much better mood today, and we are having friends over for my sister's birthday and to watch the colt's so hopefully that will help.  By the time we left the hospital my swelling was down and all I took was some tylenol.

Re: update: Wisdom teeth removal

• dnl818dnl818 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind my asking, which dentist/oral surgeon did you use? I have to have mine out and am terrified to have someone do it that I don't have any recs or info on!
  • edited December 2011
    Chrissy,We must be on practically the same schedule. I just had all 4 of mine out on Friday. Sorry to hear about DH, that really stinks. Hope you guys enjoy some football today... I know me and my hubby will be too!Jes
    imageimage
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    My dentist is on the Southside.  Dr. Edward Garry.  I love going there.  All of the hygenists are awesome.  The place is really updated-each room even has a flat screen and you get to watch whatever you want. He is a great dentist (and pretty cute).  He tells you what he is doing and why.  Like I said he did such a great job I hardly had any pain and was eating that night.  I know part of that is because they weren't impacted but part is also because he knew what he was doing and didn't do any damage in my mouth.His office is at 135 and County Line.
  • edited December 2011
    We are definitely going to enjoy some football today!  Also, it's my sister's birthday so her family and another couple are coming over for dinner.
  • purdueamandapurdueamanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh that sucks about your H! Glad that your wisdom teeth removal went well though... I know a lot of people have trouble recovering from that. Hopefully you can cheer him up!
  • edited December 2011
    Hope you both feel better! get some rest
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards