Indiana

Lighting company??

I am looking for a company that can do reception lighting in Southern Indiana. We are using like the ONLY reception hall in the county so I really want to make sure it looks different than the 8 million other receptions that people have been to there. I love the thought and look of hot pink up-lighting to change the whole look of the place. And since I can't hire David Tutera (LOVE HIM!!) I am trying to find a company to do it for a reasonable price or someone to do it myself. Any ideas?? Thanks ladies!! Ya'll have helped me SOOOOO MUCH!!

Re: Lighting company??

• edited December 2011
    This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but there's a planner who works out of Evansville who does this sort of thing. Google 'planning forever events' and you've got her. Her name is Saundra Hadley. The FI & I met with her for her planning, but the kind of thing you're talking about is what she primarily does (so we didn't end up going with her).
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! That is what we are looking for! What were their prices like? I contacted them and I'm waiting to hear back from them. But we cannot afford to spend a ton on that kind of stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    I honestly don't remember what her prices were like, since it wasn't what we were looking for. I think with her it really depends on how involved she is, because she'll coordinate & style. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!
  • claytootieclaytootie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I used Herm Productions out of Bloomington and Alex coordinated all of the music and lighting for the night. It looked really awesome and made for fantastic pictures! He worked with the architecture of the building to highlight the cool parts and really play on features of the reception hall. I don't know what his pricing is exactly as we used him to also coordinate and band and DJ. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys this did really help! I think I'm going to try and do some uplighting on my own to save some money. We are really trying to do this on a real tight budget!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Indy Event Lights.  Michael was great to work with and traveled to Huntingburg, IN for our wedding.  www.indyeventlights.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards