Indiana

Truly stumped on ceremony/reception outdoor venues

Hello fellow knotties!

My fiance and I live in St. Louis, Missouri.  We grew up in Indiana and Kentucky and want to have our wedding in a central location to keep it close for our families.  We know we want a place that can accommodate a wedding ceremony and reception (preferably all outdoors) for 100-150 people. 

We visited Avon Gardens.  LOVED IT!!!  They include pretty much everything that we would want/need.  Trouble is, they charge $24.00 per person for rental (at 100 people = $2400).  We also found Deerpark Manor in Bloomington, IN, but ran into a $2500.00 rental fee.  Is there anywhere in central Indiana that has a rental fee for less than 2K? I am beginning to lose hope.

The other locations we're considering are in Brown County (Nashville, IN): Spring Mill Inn, The Seasons Lodge, House at Stone Head, and/or Abe Martin's Lodge. 

Our must-haves are: to allow outside vendors; include/not charge for set-up/tear-down; has outdoor ceremony site; under 2K for rental of facility; located as far west as Bloomington, north as Indianapolis, south as Scottsburg (do not want to go farther east than the 65 coridor).

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!  It is quite difficult to plan a wedding while I am more than 250 miles away. Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Truly stumped on ceremony/reception outdoor venues

• kelnash89kelnash89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's on the north side of Indy in Fishers, but you should take a look at the Ambassador House and Heritage gardens. The rentals run anywhere from $420 (4 hours Friday or Sunday) to $1900 (full day Saturday).

They have several packages for rentals that are basically outdoors, outdoors + first floor of house, outdoors + first floor + second floor.

They have a list of preferred vendors, but also allow you to choose your own.
  • kelnash89kelnash89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • defabisperrydefabisperry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Indiana Bride Magazine for all of your wedding planning needs! www.indianabridemagazine.com

• hakeefer1hakeefer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Wea Creek Orchard.  It's a little further N in Lafayette but it may be worth it.  It's an orchard and pumpkin patch that has two old barns.  He has quite a few different locations on the farm for the ceremony (there is also a really old, very charming church 5 minutes away that is available for weddings) and you can use the barn for the reception.  It's 500.00 for the day of, and the day before and after.  They will set up and take down all the tables and chairs.  So far they have been amazing to work with and will do almost anything to make our wedding what we want.  They also will do a large bonfire for the reception if you're interested.  Another good thing is that it is located about 5-10 minutes from Lafayette so there are plenty of options for hotels for your guest and vendors.  It's weacreekorchard.com or better yet, look for them on facebook.
  • CG115CG115 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Indianapolis Art Center http://www.indplsartcenter.org/...$1500 we are having cermony and wedding next summer...Pics of the grounds 
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if Evansville fits your criteria, but we're getting married at Discovery Lodge in Burdette Park:

Info: http://www.evansvillecvb.org/facilities/meetings-and-conventions/oday-discovery-lodge-burdette-park

Pretty Pictures: http://www.hearthstonegeorgia.com/ODay.htm

They have a back patio where you can do an outdoor ceremony. They setup and tear down for free. The only downside is they have about a 15 month wait on Saturday weddings. You can do Friday weddings, but not during the summer months because they have a day camp.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi
    I read about a facility in southern Indiana. Not sure of name but if you go to the Future Farmers of American Indiana website you can find it. It is their training center. Really pretty.

Best wishes
    Jennifer Rozzi
  • edited December 2011
    the feilds in bloomington you can do outdoor and indoor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards