Indiana
Options

Outdoor Wedding Venue

I am wanting to have an outside wedding venue, however we have 200 guests and we are having a hard time finding a big enough wedding venue in Fort Wayne Indiana. HELP!!!!!

Re: Outdoor Wedding Venue

• Options
    jstephenson8jstephenson8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the venues depend on if you want to have both the ceremony and reception or just the ceremony (or even just the reception) outdoors.

We looked and looked for wedding venues, so I know the struggle here in Fort Wayne.  Here are my thoughts (and not really based on how many they can hold, but rather being an outdoor venue):

Soloman Farm Barn/Park---has some outdoor space and some indoor (a barn)
    Headwaters Park
    Botanical Gardens (ourdoor patio area)
    Freimann Square (never seen a wedding there, but attended a corporate event there)
    Foster Park and Lakeside Park (ceremony only)

Fort Wayne really lacks a great venue for an outdoor event.  We ended up getting married on my parents property, since we never found the perfect outdoor ceremony location.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same position. We have checked on Botanical Gardens and Headwaters Park, but its really hard to find a place that is within our budget. We may end up using one of the park pavilions and going to a bar afterward for alcoholic drinks since alcoholic drinks are not allowed on park property.

As far as ceremony goes, my fiance and I are getting married at the Foster Park Bridal Glen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards