Indiana
Options

TOO COOLD??

I'm having an outdoor wedding on October 3rd at 2 in the afternoon...I already have a bridesmaid complaining that its going to be too cold. Since living in Indiana my whole life has apparently not helped me to know our climate, can anyone refresh my memory on how warm/cold it is at the beginning of October? I didn't think that it would be too chilly since it's very beginning of fall and early in the day...I dunno...some help would be appreciated :-)

Re: TOO COOLD??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    BECAUSE we live in Indiana there is no way of knowing... My wedding is sat and I thought it would be snowing... but not even close... I believe last year it snowed around this time... I would say October could be chilly but not freezing by any means... have them wear a shrug or something... I hate bridesmaids who complain... so annoying...
  • Options
    inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding the 1st weekend of October in IL last year and it was cold, but not too bad.  The second weekend in Indy was rainy and warmish.  The third weekend in KY was beautiful, but very cold.  I'm getting married this year on October 2, outdoor ceremony and reception, in Louisville, KY.  We're praying for warmth and sun! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    there might be a cool breeze, but nothing too uncomfortable. actually to me the first week of October is usually perfect. I just remember Halloween time is usually rainy or snowy.

You can type in your zipcode at the top, then click "averages", choose your month, and mouse over your wedding day.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married Oct. 2 and I'm hoping it won't be too chilly and we're doing everything indoors. IN weather is so unpredictable it can be heard to tell. I remember one time in college it snowed one day and the next kids were wearing shorts because it got up to 65 degrees.  I went to a wedding one year in early Sept. that was gorgeous, full sun, not too hot, etc. Then the next year went to another wedding inearly Sept and it was freezing. All the guests had to wait outside forever while they took some pics to do the sendoff and it was miserable.

Typically though it normally starts to get pretty cold by Halloween. I always remember it either raining or being mad that my mom wanted me to wear longjohns under my costume because it was cold. I'm probably no help.

Edit:Both of those weddings were in IN, btw.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw photographs of a friend's friend's outdoor wedding last october, it was lovely the bridesmaids all wore stoles though and a lot of the guests were wearing jackets & coats.  It shouldn't be TOO bad, just provide opportunities for proper attire.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's really no way of knowing, but I'd say consult the Farmer's Almanac, too. My brother got married outside on Oct. 12 in NW Indiana. (This was about 12 years ago, though, too.) We all thought he was nuts, but he said he checked the Farmer's Almanac. Sure enough, it was 70 and sunny that day. It sleeted the following Monday morning. Not that it's a fool-proof system (i.e., I'd have a back-up, indoors plan), but it should help you better predict.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It could be.  Or it could be 65 and sunny.  I'd plan it like a summer wedding in Indiana and have a back up plan just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards