Indiana
Options

Southwest Indiana Venues

We would like to do our wedding and reception in the same place. I have found several venues, but wanted to get some opinions from people who have gone to weddings at them.

First, we are wanting to do a casual type ceremony and make the evening more about the celebration. Our list right now has 130ish people. That number could increase or decrease depending on venues. I would like to do it someplace unique. I like the exposed beams and rustic atmosphere of The Granary in New Harmony but they don't have much availability until December. So, here's the list. Any opinions or info is greatly appreciated.

Kokies Echo Valley (Can't seem to find pictures or a website for this one, but I    
                                heard it was nice)
Burdette Park O'day Lodge
Baurhouse
Old Vanderburgh County Courthouse

Also if you have any other ideas for places to check out. We have family in Mt. Vernon, Petersburg, and Evansville so we are dead set on evansville.

THANKS!

Re: Southwest Indiana Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Granary in May, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!  I know they don't have many available dates because it is such a great place to get married, but it is totally worth it!  Some other great places are the Roofless Church, I heard Kokies was nice too, and of course the Baurhaus is always a great choice.  However, if you do have time to wait I would go with the Granary.  I am also having roughly 130 people and have lots of stuff planned already so if you just need someone to bounce ideas off of feel free to let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If we do the granary we were considering doing the wedding downstairs and the reception upstairs. I've actually only seen the inside in pictures. Do you think the downstairs space would work for a small, quick ceremony?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's our plan too... I didn't want to do a flip because I am too OCD and will want to decorate the night before.  I'm hoping it will, Chris, the lady we spoke with, said it will and they have done that before... I'm sure it will be tight, but with it only being a quick ceremony it shouldn't be too bad.  Here's my email address if you have any other questions.  It just happened that I checked this board again today, normally I don't since everyone is out of Northern Indiana lol

anstonecipher@gmail.com
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Discovery Lodge in November. I became engaged in late July of this year (2010) and they first available Saturday was 10/29/11. It's a BEAUTIFUL location and gives you great flexibility with having an indoor or outdoor ceremony, but it's really popular. I've known a few girls who had Friday weddings so they didn't have to wait so long.

I know a couple who had their reception at Kokies. They liked it, but it's a little dated inside.

There's also West Haven Chalet.

Bauerhaus is expensive, but I"m not sure of your budget. It's a good place if you can swing the price.

I've also had friends who had their receptions at the 4th fair grounds. They also do weddings by one of the lakes.

The courthouse looks really nice, but only fits 100 I think.

If you're doing reception only, I really like Cambridge Golf Course. I've been to many receptions there and it's a great place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure if you want your wedding inside or outside.  I also don't know when your wedding is so I don't know if outside would even be an option.  Wesselman Nature Preserve has several different options but, are undergoing rennovations for awhile.  If your wedding is happening this year I wouldn't think it would be the best idea but, if it is next year I know that it is all going to be newly remodled and they have options that are covered and uncovered.

We are doing our ceremony outside at Garvin Park and then our reception at Lorenzo's in Evansville but, we are having 75 guests or less.  Our wedding also in September so we will have a tentative plan for rain or snow but, our hope is that the day will be nice and an outside wedding ceremony will work!
    Gabriella and Jesse = Soul Mates
  • Options
    leglesspirateleglesspirate member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually think the downtown Old National Bank building in Evansville does weddings and receptions!!! Check them out!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We did it! June 9, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards