Indiana
Options

Brown County

OK, we have decided that a good location between Inez, KY (his family) and Peoria, IL (my family) is Brown County area!  I've been searching this week trying to find a nice location.  I need help!  We're not wanting to spend a ton of money!  We'd rather spend it on a vacation or hunting trip!  We want outdoor wedding preferably with water!  I like gazebos, barns, just outdoors! Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks in advance!

Re: Brown County

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!! ok...so I found an amazing location that fits my family perfectly! The Rawhide Ranch! has anyone heard of it or used it?  I would love to hear any reviews if possible!
  • Options
    Serenity124Serenity124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I LOVE BROWN COUNTY AND NASHVILLE! Good choice :) My fiance and I looked at Brown County State Park. Behind the nature center there is a really pretty outdoor setting with bench seating and a stage overlooking the beautiful view. For the reception, we looked at the Allison room in the Abe Martin Lodge which is also located inside the park. I wanted to upload a pic of ceremony site, but I can't find it anymore. We are inviting 150 guest and the Allison room wouldn't hold that much so unfortunately we had to look elsewhere. :(

• Options
    bryler2012bryler2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from the area and I am also planning my ceremony in BrownCounty. The Salt Creek Golf Course is pretty reasonable. It also depends on what time of the year you are getting married. I am getting married in March and it is a lot harder to find indoor spaces for about 150 guests. Good luck to all the Brown County brides!
    Mrs. Jaynes Vacation Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Brown County state Park on June 11th.  We are having the ceremony @ the  amphitheater behind the nature center. (pic on our wedding website) $100 for 2 hours.  We are having our reception at the lower shelter $80 for all day (7am-11pm)  KRC caterers, in bloomington, doing food and rentals.  I have been waiting for a year to eat their food again :)  I have a pic of the shelter too on our wedding website.  feel free to throw any questions my way since I am in the home stretch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards