Indiana

when to..

when should you send out your wedding invites and when is a good time to register for gifts? Im getting married April 28th so still have 7 months...

Re: when to..

• edited December 2011

H and I started our registry about 7 months out. I would make sure you are registered before shower invites go out. Just as a heads up, for most couples, registering is fun for about 2 minutes, then it suddenly becomes a chore. It took H and I several visits to the store before the registy had a decent amount of items, and that is with us under-registering since we already had everything we needed. So feel free to start that at any point because it takes awhile and you certainly don't hurt anyone by getting it done and out of the way earlier than necessary.

The "rule" on when to send out your wedding invites is pretty liberal. I know the Knotties that were married in August sent theirs out anywhere between 4 months and 4 weeks before the wedding. A lot depended on when their final count was due to the caterer and some were running a secondary list of people (sometimes called a B list). 

Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd make sure you're registered before the holidays as some people will shop off there for Christmas gifts. 

To calculate when to send invites, figure out the final count deadline from your caterer, then set your RSVP deadline (10 days or so prior to the final count deadline to allow for slackers), then count back 6-8 weeks to mail them.  I'd do the last week of Feb or first week of March. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are March 3rd... We are sending ours out right after christmas... already ordered them... and... we are already registerd because I thought we might get some for Birthdays and we wanted to make sure we were registerd for Christmas
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards