Indiana

Help! I need advice

I am having a wedding dress dilemma.  I ordered my dress in December.  When I was measured for the dress they told me I was a size 10.  I argued this size because I wear a size 2 pants.  They explained that dresses run very small and that is what I was.  They are the experts for I signed off on the measurements.  I had been eagerly waiting for my dress to come in and it finally arrived.  I was a little nervous becuase I have lost 15 pounds since then, now a size 0.  I went in to the stope to try on the dress and it was such a horrible experience.  Besides the horrible horrible customer service I received, when I tried on my dress it was at least 4 sizes too big!  They re-measured me thinking they would be able to proove to me that I was the one who lost the weight so it was my fault.  When they re-measured me I measured ONE size smaller, not FOUR!!!  I am at a loss as so what to do now.  They are telling me there is nothing they can do and I am stuck with the dress when they clearly ordered the wrong size.  I understand dresses need to be altered but I don't know if I should give up on this considering the situation.  Can anyone help?!?!

Re: Help! I need advice

• jpharisjpharis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Wedding dress shoping, etc is stressul enough, and then to have this happen I am sure is just unsettling. I personally think you should stick to your guns with them. Do you remember the name or the person who did the first sizing with you? I would definitely remind them that you clearly said the first time you were there that they measurement/size could not be right and THEY refused to listen to you. Were there any of your family/friends there to witness it that could back you up on this? I would speak to the manager or call a head office or district manager if they have one. To have that dress altered to fit would cost a lot I am sure. I this works out for you!
  • lloeschenlloeschen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the advice!  This has been a nightmare!  I did have family with me who heard everything and I did speak to the manager yesterday.  They are being so unreasonable and saying no to everything.  Thank you so much for the advice!
  • edited December 2011
    Are they willing to do anything to accomodate you? You are obviously in the right and do not deserve extra stress for their mistake.

If nothing else, post something on the Better Business Bureau site about their company. Others deserve to know how unwilling they are to rectify a situation.

I'm so sorry!!
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. I agree with PP that you should say something to the BBB. Contact the owner or manager of this shop first, and if you can't get resolution there, go to the BBB. Based on what you wrote, it almost sounds like they were trying to measure you larger just so they could charge you more for alterations (assuming you were going to get them done at the shop).
    Also, I would post a review on this board, and any other wedding board, stating the poor service you had at this shop.
    Just remember all that matters is that you get to marry the man you love! Good luck!
  • lloeschenlloeschen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the advice!  You are very right that is all that matters.  I am sure everything will work out, it is just very frustrating.  I will take all the advice, thanks again!
  • amylynn121amylynn121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say they need to give you a discount and do your alterations for free at the very least. Considering what has happened, that is a small demand in my opinion. If you have a friend who is lawyer, take them in there with you. That scares people into giving you the deal you deserve in situations like this. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cjspencer35cjspencer35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard of other bridal shops doing this.  Seemingly fudging the measurements to assure you will need alterations despite brides/bm's insisting that the size will be too big.  I would keep trying to get them to work with you.  Another option of "threat" would be to threaten to write to the local paper a bad review as well.

Hope you get it all ironed out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards