Indiana

Culver, Indiana

Anyone get married in Culver, Indiana or surrounding area? My FI and I are both Academy grads and would like to get married in Memorial Chapel. Anyone use CGM Photography? I'm planning from Nebraska so any insite/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
August 6, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Culver, Indiana

• edited December 2011
    Good luck!!  I grew up in Plymouth...there are not a lot of options in the area...I would recommend looking in South Bend.  Memorial Chapel is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Culver alum as well!  I'm getting married in South Bend, my hometown, and I can say that there are a lot of photographers around here.

Some photogs that I would recommend:
    OMG Photography
    Alpha Zeta
    XPose
    Behind the Lens (based out of Milford, relatives of mine who do a good job and are budget friendly!)
    Derby

There's a website called Brides a la Mode, and they are a wedding resource "shop" of sorts based out of South Bend/Mishawaka/Granger and if you go to their website (bridesalamode.com) you should find a lot of resources besides photography there.  Do you have an idea for the reception location?

A BIG part of me would LOVE to get married at the Chapel...I love the church, the organ, the acoustics, and the whole property.  But FI isn't a Culver grad and my mom thinks planning a wedding an hour away is too stressful.....but that's my mom lol.  Oh well

Best of luck!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_culver-indiana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:8388fa6a-fe50-4184-a3e0-105d0b6f5a5aPost:8d714f0b-3e98-4d53-bf0c-3152d3cb6f6c">Re: Culver, Indiana</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck!!  I grew up in Plymouth...there are not a lot of options in the area...I would recommend looking in South Bend.  Memorial Chapel is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Posted by jennalynn10[/QUOTE]
    I'm from Plymouth too!  small world
  • edited December 2011
    haha totally small world!  pretty sure i graduated w/ ur brother!  (if u r who i think u r!) 
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my brother is jake, and i have a cousin scott who was in the same grade.

crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Plymouth as well.  My mom and I have been going around and around about wedding sites and reception locations.  I want to get married outside and there is just no where to do it that is reasonable.  Right now I"m looking at Taltree in Valpo.  My mom also thinks an hour is to far away, that's one good way to say, I'm from a small town"  Any help on reception places that are resonably priced would be good.

Everyone should check out Allure.  To much money for my budget but one of the more beautiful places I have seen.  It's in Laport.  Website is www.allureone.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards