Indiana
Options

Not Wedding Related... maybe a little though

Does anyone know where to start looking for a personal trainer?  I really need to start working out and would like to be held accountable by someone other than myself or my friends that like the splurge on the calories as much as I do. 

Where should I look? I don't want to just cold call random people. Any advice?

TIA!

Re: Not Wedding Related... maybe a little though

• Options
    edited December 2011
    where at in indiana are you? I know i absolutely loved omni 41 in Schererville. that whole gym is amazing.lle, IN
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Greenwood...
    Was it the gym or the personal trainer? What made it so good?  I need something to get me motivated. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    they have both personal trainers and you can just go off on your own. They have two pools, a huge cardio area, seperate areas for weights (one for men, one for women and then a combo). They have a fruit/juice bar. tennis courts, they do zumba and a whole bunch of classes. This place is huge. I was always wanting to be there.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    This doesn't have anything to do with personal trainer, but keep a food diary. Write down everything you eat/drink. I do this, and I also keep track of the calories, but just knowing I have to write it down and look at it makes me think twice about what I'm eating. Since I've started doing this, I've eaten so much better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to live down in the Greenwood area.  Through free gym memberships from work I ended up going to several different gyms int he area.  Each of them offer the option to buy personal training sessions.  I would reccomend visiting a gym and telling them what you are interested in.  You should be able to get a tour of the facilities and a rundown of how much trainers cost.  They typically give you either a free day pass or a free week pass to try the gym out before you join. 

I enjoy using a personal trainer but I found that exercise classes and leagues were a better fit for me.  I was still accountable for showing up but it gave me more variety in my workouts and I ended up enjoying my workouts more than I did with a personal trainer.  I know both the YMCA and Ladies Only Fitness have a ton of classes (mostly free) and the Y has a lot of leagues as well. You may want to check them out.

Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards