Indiana
Options

Same sex wedding venues

Does anyone know any venues or ministers/etc who would do a same sex wedding in South Bend or who could travel to there?  I've lived here my whole life, but I've only realized I like the fairer sex a few years ago.  So I'm totally unfamiliar with all sorts of things.  We can't get married in most churches.  And I'm not even entirely sure if we could get a civil union here.  But let's not get into politics.  I'm just looking for ideas! 

Also, I'm new.  This is my first post.  I'm a special ed teacher and photographer in South Bend and I'm getting married to a fantastic woman.  We're so happy.  So perfect for each other.  Nice to meet all of you!

Re: Same sex wedding venues

• Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I don't have any advice on venues for you (sorry), but I just wanted to say hi and congrats! Happy planning!
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe look into local parks for wedding locations. I would try googling for a minister who would perform same sex marriages. Good luck!

maratea: LOVE your siggy :)

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sarahlm619sarahlm619 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try craigslist for a minister too...I haven't looked, but I know photographers and dj's are on there.  OR...if you have a close family friend who you'd WANT to marry you...they litterally CAN just take classes on line....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know the United Church of Christ churches have nationally spoken in favor of same sex marriages. I would suggest maybe looking to a UCC church of minister.

Congratulations, happy planning, and best wishes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards