Indiana

flower girls birthday is same day as wedding.....

The day our location has available and one of the days we picked out just so happens to be our flower girls birthday. We have already talked to her parents and they are cool with the whole thing. I was wanting some ideas on how to celebrate her birthday in the morning with her. I was thinking maybe just her and I go get manicures and pedicures that morning or something and then maybe having a little birthday cake for her at the reception. I dont want her to feel like her birthday is unimportant but I also dont want to take away from the wedding.

Re: flower girls birthday is same day as wedding.....

• edited December 2011
    That sounds like a great idea. You could also give it a mention in your program.
  • edited December 2011
    I think having a small one person birthday cake or oversized cupcake during the cake cutting at the reception would be nice. I don't think I would mention it in the program because looking back on the wedding and the paper items you may keep, I think you should keep it focused on the wedding. What if other guests have a b-day, anniversary or special occasion? The list could get endless. Just my opinion.
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin had the issue when she got married. They surprised the birthday girl after their cake cutting. They brought out a small cake just for her & everyone at the reception sang happy birthday. She blew out her candles & the reception continued on with the rest of the wedding events.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards