Indiana

Evansville Rehearsal Dinner ideas

So I grew up in Evansville my entire life, but I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for our rehearsal dinner. I've been gone for a few years and am coming up with nothing.

Our rehearsal will most likely be on the west side if we can get into the location the night before, but we're open to anywhere. We would like to stay on the West or North side, but can go to the East side if we must.

We'll have around 40-60 people. Do you guys have any ideas for me?

Re: Evansville Rehearsal Dinner ideas

• edited December 2011
    I have the same question. I'm getting married at the bauerhaus and would like a place somewhat close with about the same amt of guests. Any ideas? Any ideas for hotels I can rent out rooms for out of town family?
  • edited December 2011
    Lorenzo's behind Schnuck's on the east side is actually doing our wedding and they also do wonderful rehersal dinners.  Another option if you like Greek food is the Acropolis on the east side as well.
    Gabriella and Jesse = Soul Mates
  • edited December 2011
    Try looking at a few places downtown.  I know my fiance and I are really liking Ri Ra's, which has an upstairs that I know can be reserved (however, I haven't checked out cost).  Lorenzo's, or even Raffi's, are both great ideas.  Raffi's is a great restaurant that has italian food, and a great outdoor area that my grandparents' reserved for their reception.  The food is delicious! : )

For the bride getting married at the Bauerhaus, I am having my reception there as well.  They have recently created a deal with the Marriott, which has some areas for rehearsal dinners.  The price is great for our out of town guests. 
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_evansville-rehearsal-dinner-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:9cbceb32-5bc1-4eaf-a7d9-1ca4f7877d7dPost:0980c372-6296-4612-b0ef-2ef4f4ec2320">Re: Evansville Rehearsal Dinner ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have the same question. I'm getting married at the bauerhaus and would like a place somewhat close with about the same amt of guests. Any ideas? Any ideas for hotels I can rent out rooms for out of town family?
    Posted by leah6162012[/QUOTE]

My friend had his RD at Hornville tavern and it was really good. They had a big room for us in the back. The only reason we wouldn't do that is because we're most likely going to have them cater the wedding.
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend had her bridal shower at Lorenzo's and they had really good food! They're not big enough for our RD though.

Same with the upstairs at Ri Ras. I grew up on the East side, so I know of a lot of places there but I think FIL's want to stick to the North or West side. That's why I'm running into troubles! :)
  • mallen1004mallen1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having the rehearsal dinner at Log Inn in Warrenton and I would like suggestions for table decor, photos, fun ideas themes. Happy to have any ideas for a fun night.
  • cbgem13cbgem13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just curious as to which places on the East side you know of? I'm having difficulties as well. Thanks!
  • PinkSagePinkSage member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Acropolis, Riras, Tin Fish,   (Eastside and Newburgh)
    Old Mill (West) Good food!

Hope that helps a little
  • hakeefer1hakeefer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Biagis (spl...) which is right next to Bonefish I believe has a private room.  I've been to a reception dinner at Ri Ra's and it was really nice; the bride said that they worked really well with the family and stuck with their budget.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards