Indiana

Dolphin Gallery Reception Question - help!

Just beginning the reception site hunt & saw the Indy Zoo.  Has anyone had/been to a reception at the Dolphin Gallery?  The lack of bathrooms seems to be a major concern.  Any advice or experience with the space?

Re: Dolphin Gallery Reception Question - help!

• jfarrimondjfarrimond member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had planned to have ours there and then they told us that one of the dolphins was expecting and that there was a three month range of when she would give birth, and that three month range fell during the time frame we wanted. She said that if the dolphin would give birth that we would not be allowed to have music or audio.
    Kind of a deal breaker for us.
    There was no way we were going to put down a deposit and chance not getting to have the reception we wanted. I also thought they were very unprofessional compared to other places. Every and any questions regarding food, beverage had to be taken up with catering and catering would not meet until you deposited.
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a reception there 6 or 7 years ago and it was gorgeous!  Definitely a lot of fun and very unique.  Their ceremony was in the White River Gardens right there, so after the ceremony, we had a cocktail hour in the rose gardens, then all walked over to the dolphin pavilion together. 
  • edited December 2011
    Back in college when I interned with a wedding planner I worked a wedding that had the ceremony in the gardens and the reception in the pavilion. It was very cool. I don't remeber bathrooms being an issue. If i remember correctly, they were at the back of the right hand side when you enter. Very cool space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards