Indiana

Evansville, IN Venues?

We recently got engaged and we're looking for ceremony/reception sites for June 2011. We would like to have an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception preferably at the same location. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

Re: Evansville, IN Venues?

• edited December 2011
    The Bauerhaus is a beautiful location. They have both indoor and outdoor locations for ceremony & reception. They are wonderful to work with as well - we're having our reception there.
    http://www.thebauerhaus.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen them set up weddings outside at the 4H center near the lake, it looked really pretty. They have several locations indoors for the reception I believe. Also, I know someone who got married outside at Kokies near the lake. Then there's Burdette Park's Discovery Lodge. We got married at the Old Courthouse downtown inside, but you should be able to set up a ceremony outside, depending on how many people there are etc. There's the roofless church in New Harmony too. 
    Hope that helps! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    With only a few months left to plan our wedding, we're using A Day to Remember with Leah and Thomas for our services and chapel and Camp Reveal for our reception. We're on an extremely tight budget and they were the best price for our short planning time (3 months!).
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • rfinch316rfinch316 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    =) I'm July 2011 here and also in Evansville.
    We are looking at either The Discovery Lodge (but so far, their customer service has been crappy) or Audubon State Park in Henderson, KY.

The Discovery Lodge is perfect in that it's huge, has a landscaped area outside for an outdoor wedding, a playground a few feet away and ample parking, but with tax and deposit, it's over $2000.

Audubon State park is stunning for an outdoor wedding, but very little parking up top (guests have to park in parking lot downhill and walk up).

West Haven Chalet is another option for us. It's full-service, a great price ($750 + food), beautiful outdoor gazebo (sp?) for ceremony and on-site catering, reception hall and bar, fully decorated for you, cleaned up for you, wait staff, linens, home cooked meal...etc.

Good luck!
  • Andrea_Lynn88Andrea_Lynn88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance & I went to a wedding at Evansville Country Club this past summer and it was absolutely beautiful! Also, we stayed at Le Merigot which was fabulous. I'm not sure if they can handle a wedding but I'd definitely look into it. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards