Indiana

New Harmony ceremony musician

Hey all!

So my fiance and I are getting married in New Harmony, IN at the Rapp Owen Granary on July 23, 2011.  I am looking for a ceremony musician (that's affordable!).  We would prefer a string duo or trio.  All I can find information on is for the evansville string quartet and that is just a little pricey for our budget.  Any ideas?? I would love to hear from other brides who are getting married in New Harmony and what their plans are for everything!

Re: New Harmony ceremony musician

• bbcheeksbbcheeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know price but here is another one.

http://www.evvmusic.com/riversbend.html
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Rapp Owen Granary May 7, 2011!  Its so nice to hear from other brides getting married in that area :)  We're going with a dj and using an ipod for ceremony music, but my fiance happens to be a wonderful guitarist (played in 2 local bands here in southern Indiana until recently) and would be interested in playing ceremony music for you.  The last wedding he played at included songs like "Cannon in D", "Stand by Me", and "Annie's Song" by John Denver.  If you are still looking you can email me at: anstonecipher@gmail.com and I can give you further info as well as sending a demo of him playing if you'd like. 

Anyways, we're going with the Acropolis for catering, a photographer out of Sullivan, and DJ Matt Kelly.  We just saw the granary again yesterday for decorating ideas, and are still getting things in order... if you have any suggestions or ideas you'd love to pass along they'd be greately appreciated!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the information!

We would prefer a violinist rather than guitar...but thanks for the offer!  I am so excited to hear from someone who is getting married at the Granary too!  We are having the reception at the Posey County 4-H Center.  Our caterer is the Green Onion, out of Crossville, IL. We got our photographer out of Crossville too...What ceremony decorations are you planning on doing??

• edited December 2011
    I think we're going to do very minimal ceremony decorations... I went to the see the granary the past weekend and they had these lanterns that they had rented from Event in Harmony that stood on the floor and they placed at the beginning and end of the rows of chairs... I loved them, so we're stealing that idea lol.  We're also going to have a table up front that holds our unity candle and we found these 2 candle things that has probably 15 candle holders (holds tea lights) theyr'e brass colored but look a little worn (clearance at hobby lobby!) and we're going to do something with those on either side.  If you're doing the ceremony upstairs I'd suggest something for the windows too (we're doing ours downstairs)... I think we may build a platform so we're up a little higher than everyone else... but we're still up in the air on it.  Other than that and maybe a few flowers here and there... that's about it.  We're going to do some pictures of us on the landings going up to the stairs with tea lights all around them...

What about you?  What decorations have you thought of??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards