Indiana

Gift Table at Ceremony?

My ceremony and reception are at different locations and I do not know if I should have a gift table/card box at the ceremony. I had people RSVP that they are only coming to the ceremony so how is this handled? Thanks for your input :-)

Re: Gift Table at Ceremony?

• edited December 2011
    I've never seen a card box/gift table at a ceremony. I had a handful of people only RSVP to the ceremony as well. Personally, I'm not going to put a card box/gift table out. If someone brings something, I'll just put it in my mom's car or something, or they'll have to mail/ship it to the house.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely wouldn't put a cardbox out, but perhaps you can set up something small where you have your guestbook and programs.  If I were a guest only coming to the ceremony, I'd feel really awkward handing the bride or her mom a gift and making them find somewhere to put it.  They definitely have better things to be doing.
  • edited December 2011
    Since our ceremony and reception are at the same location and right after each other we are having a card box and gift table for the ceremony.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011

We are having our ceremony and reception at the same venue, but in different rooms.  Our coordinator is setting up a table in the back of the ceremony room, and then they are moving it to the reception room after... she said it would be easier for the guests to hand over their gifts when they arrive, instead of having to keep them at their seats... and since it is being automatically moved to the reception room we have no worries about anything coming up missing and it will be on display (since my card bird cage is decorated so cutely :)) on the guest book table.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Find Diet Support on our Weight Loss Blogs and Forums
  • edited December 2011
    oh yeah, i ment to also say that you could maybe assign someone the job of moving the gifts to the reception...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Find Diet Support on our Weight Loss Blogs and Forums
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards