Indiana

philmore on broadway

anyone have their wedding reception here any pros and cons

Re: philmore on broadway

• eseney82eseney82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered having my reception here, but the layout is odd, I also know a girl who had her wedding here.  The venue doesnt hold a ton of people, so you would need to have smaller wedding.  The tables are like how they would be in a restaurant, so unless you put them together, they will seat 4 people; there is also an upstairs where people would be sitting, so they wouldnt be a part of all the 'action'.  Also, the amount of space for a dance floor is limited, and they have jazz artwork on the walls that Im not 100% sure would be able to be taken down.  The feel of the place is very unique and vintage, but it would be tough to hold a wedding here.  

I notice you are from out of town...have you looked at the Indiana Hotel Lobby or the Embassy Theatre?  My sister had her reception at the Indiana Hotel Lobby and it was gorgeous, you need little decorations.  It would have my 1st choice if she hadnt chose it!
  • tizzyskizzietizzyskizzie member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I looked into having my reception at the Philmore.  I decided against it because of numbers, however, if I had a smaller wedding, it would have been fantastic.  While the layout is slightly different, it gives a completely unique reception feel.  The manager is also incredibly helpful and willing to work with you in anything.  Because it is a jazz club, it has a fun atmosphere!  If you are interested in pictures, I found this photographer that has photos of a wedding and reception held at the Philmore.

http://iduweddings.com/blog/2010/10/30/stephaniebrian-the-philmore-on-broadway/

Hope this helps and good luck planning!
    Sarah
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_reception-venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:df2185e0-3106-4f83-9dbc-afc0d36fb5ffPost:f7b01733-5f3b-4efc-8799-ecb41266a951">Re: philmore on broadway</a>:
    [QUOTE]The feel of the place is very unique and vintage, but it would be tough to hold a wedding here.   I notice you are from out of town...have you looked at the Indiana Hotel Lobby or the Embassy Theatre?  My sister had her reception at the Indiana Hotel Lobby and it was gorgeous, you need little decorations.  It would have my 1st choice if she hadnt chose it!
    Posted by eseney82[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>TOTALLY agree with the Embassy! That's where we're doing our reception and we love it! The coordinator, Sara, is wonderful to work with, and they genuinely want to help make everything special!  :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards