Indiana

Small Wedding Venue - Northern Indiana

I've been engaged for about 3 weeks now and my fiance is adamant that we get married this year. I'd like to do it sometime in the September/October range because I love autumn, and I'm finding that places are booking up fast.

Here's my problem: I can't seem to find a venue. My wedding will be very small, maybe 30 people maximum, including the bride and groom. There will be 6 or 7 children all under the age of 10, so I need to keep that in mind.

We're trying to stay budget-friendly and I love the idea of using a place where we can do both the ceremony and the reception all in one place and not spend a fortune. Renting out a banquet hall that fits 250 people doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me for my situation.

We live close to Fort Wayne and are willing to travel to nearby areas if we find something that works.  Places I've looked into but will not work for one reason or another: Philmore on Broadway, Salomon Farm Barn, Lakeside Park, Botanical Gardens.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated! Wedding planning isn't really "my thing" and I'm having a hard time coming up with anything! Thanks :)

Re: Small Wedding Venue - Northern Indiana

• There is a place they call "the barn" it is in Wabash, IN just off of 14 and 15. I was considering it for next year. I was advised that it is free but that you have to supply everything. I have been there for a Wedding and it was gorgeous!  Also if close enough, there is a park in N. Manchester with a waterfall and Gazebo available to rent. It is across from the High School and very nice.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_small-wedding-venue-northern-indiana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:97Discussion:eda16f50-0cec-4f30-9414-c5ec42f06c92Post:31561dc6-6a62-452d-a8d6-e09e3b4d8628">Small Wedding Venue - Northern Indiana</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been engaged for about 3 weeks now and my fiance is adamant that we get married this year. I'd like to do it sometime in the September/October range because I love autumn, and I'm finding that places are booking up fast. Here's my problem: I can't seem to find a venue. My wedding will be very small, maybe 30 people maximum, including the bride and groom. There will be 6 or 7 children all under the age of 10, so I need to keep that in mind. We're trying to stay budget-friendly and I love the idea of using a place where we can do both the ceremony and the reception all in one place and not spend a fortune. Renting out a banquet hall that fits 250 people doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me for my situation. We live close to Fort Wayne and are willing to travel to nearby areas if we find something that works.  Places I've looked into but will not work for one reason or another: Philmore on Broadway, Salomon Farm Barn, Lakeside Park, Botanical Gardens. Any ideas would be very much appreciated! Wedding planning isn't really "my thing" and I'm having a hard time coming up with anything! Thanks :)
    Posted by starry29[/QUOTE]
  • Once a year I plan a big party as part of my job so I've looked at a lot of venues NE Indiana venues that will hold around 100 or a little less. Last year's party was at the NATMUS museum in Auburn, IN. It's right beside the ACD Museum but back from the road. They have a wonderful collection of old cars that they will rearrange to give you room for dining and dancing. They have tables, you can bring in your own caterer, the price is very reasonable and the people are wonderful! I wouldn't hesitate to plan a wedding there. Our party this year is at the Iris Garden, just north of Kendallville. I used it for a smaller, private party last year and it was great for that. They offer catering or you can bring in your own food (amateur only). It's decorated in neutral colors, has a full kitchen, is reasonably priced and Iris and her daughters are a hoot.
    We also liked the log cabin at the Noble Co Fairgrounds in Kendallville, and the banquet room at The Woods Too bar and restaurant on Pretty Lake near Helmer, IN. Our group was lucky enough to be invited to a high school theater group's dress rehearsal and we used the school's cafeteria for a dessert reception afterward. Renting a school's theater for the ceremony and setting up tables in the lobby for a reception could be cool and probably not too expensive either. Goood luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards