Indiana

Need recommendations for florists, DJ's and officiants for a downtown Indy wedding!!!

We are getting married in downtown Indy next summer and I need recommendations for great florists, DJ's and officiants (non-dominational).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! :)

Re: Need recommendations for florists, DJ's and officiants for a downtown Indy wedding!!!

• emilyec1emilyec1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm also getting married next summer. We just met with an officiant we found online, and he is wonderful at helping us design our custom Jewish/Christian ceremony. His name is Rev. David Heady. He used to be a minister of a congregation but "retired" from that and now solely does weddings. Here is his web site:

www.davidheady.com.

Also...McNamara Florist has the best flowers in town...but they're definitely not the cheapest! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • karaclelandkaracleland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SO much!! I will definitely reach out to both of your recommendations!
  • edited December 2011
    For flowers, I would recommend Flowers by Melissa.  She did my flowers for my May 2009 wedding.  I believe she used to work for Kathy's Kloset, who I have heard other people recommend as well.  Melissa had great prices, was professional, and the flowers were amazing.

We used DJ's Direct and they were great and reasonable as well.  We had Terry M as our DJ.  Jeremy is supposed to be really good there as well, but I know he books up fast.
  • edited December 2011
    Did you like Terry?  We've just booked him.  I'm interested in hearing what you thought about him!

Thanks for posting this question... I just found out that our officiant won't marry us unless my fiance moves out.  That info would have been helpful before we spent $150 on a premarital counseling test!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Joel Nowacki of Track7 dj for ou dj and Adrienne's in Noblesville for flowers for our dowtown indy wedding. We're getting married in 3 weeks and I'm going to try to do vendor reviews for the indy brides out there :)
  • smilz4milzsmilz4milz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ was *awesome*...he kept us on track with all of the formalities (dances, cutting the cake, etc...) and he made sure the dancefloor was always going.  He went out of his way to ensure that he'd have everything setup for us to show our slideshow from our wedding (we married in Jamaica) & played all of my reggae dinner music through my iPod for me (I spent so much time putting together the dinner playlist, I would've been upset had I not been able to play it). 

He was from American Sound Productions...our DJ was Ryan May.  They were also very, very affordable!!!  Their website:  aspdjs (dot) net
  • edited December 2011
    I would go with My fair Flora for your florist if you havent chosen one already. SHe is AMAZING! really fun and personable as well. She loves to see the vision of the birde pluse she will help you pick out things that all work together. Like she helped me with my fabric for the table cloths so they would go with me theme.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards