Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Make Up Help!

Hey girls,I know you are great with recs, so please, help me by recommending a makeup artist!  I just contacted cielcosmetics, and she is booked for my date already =(Now I am afraid I may have waited too long!  I am hoping to be able to get a trial done for my engagement photo, but that will be sooner than I think!  Help!TIA!

Re: Make Up Help!

• Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MAC :) Make an appointment or stop by for a trial, and if you like what the artist does, ask them if they freelance.
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love my MAC artist!  She's also a close friend, but she does amazing work. 

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MAC?  sorry if I am being slow, but is that the name of a company or something?
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, take yourself to the MAC counter at Macys to get started
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh thank you thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie Markisotto at Pittsburgh Makeup Company.  She was fabulous and reasonably priced.  I think it's Pittsburghmakeup.com
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using BEK Cosmetics.  www.BEKcosmetics.com  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used Pam from Everday Esthetics. She was so easy to work with, loved her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No recs b/c I had my make-up done at the same salon I got my hair done in Irwin, but I just wanted to say that you definitely did not wait too long to find one! I think I inquired about makeup 4 months before the wedding. I can't believe you're 9 months out and things are already booked. It is ridiculous how early brides are booking vendors, IMO. GL!
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used Pam from Everyday Esthetics, and she did a great job!  I wish I could have used her, but she was booked by the time I contacted her. I also recommend a MAC artist.  I had 2 trials with 2 different artists, and didn't like either, but the MAC artist did a great job!  I just bought all the makeup she used and did it myself on my wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies so much!!  I am going to contact someone today!I am so surprised how fast things book too... The only things I don't have yet are makeup and limo really!  And I am nervous about getting those things booked!  Craziness!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, makeup people go quickly! Hair people too! I booked Clare & Monica for hair and makeup almost a year before to make sure I could get them, since I'm so clueless with that stuff. It may be ridiculous, but I wanted to be sure I could get both of them. GL on the search!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Booking a makeup artist that far out is really not crazy at all.  A makeup artist can't really do more than one wedding per Saturday.  If you're getting married in a busy season and you have your heart set on someone, chances are if you don't book early, someone may beat you to it.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards