Indiana
Options

Lafayette or Kokomo OUTDOOR locations

I'm hoping to find a woodsy and beautiful outdoor ceremony location.

Ideally, shade would be possible (since I'm a teacher and am shooting for a summer wedding), and I'd love it if there was water nearby, but I'm having a hard time finding anything.

I'm okay with it being somewhat rustic. I was considering a summer camp until I found out that they didn't allow weddings. A garden setting would be okay, but I'd really prefer somewhere that's woodsy and not especially flowery.

I'm from Kokomo but my fiance and I live in Lafayette, so anywhere somewhat nearby would be fine. Any suggestions are VERY welcome! :)

Re: Lafayette or Kokomo OUTDOOR locations

• Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother and SIL got married in a park in West Lafayette. I forget the exact name, but it's the park to the west of Campus (behind McCutcheon hall) when you are heading down 26. I think it's ran by the Ag School.

Another set of friends had their reception at the Elks club in West Lafayette. VERY pretty! I'm not sure if they do outdoor ceremonies but it was very nice for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Hollow Park in West Lafayette. If you drive there drive back as far as you can... It is Beautiful!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another place in West Lafayette is Ross Camp
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would check with several of the departments on campus.  The horticulture dept keeps a beautiful garden and the art building has a nice patio/garden out back.  There's also Battle Ground and Prophets town (or something like that) parks north of town.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Highland park in Kokomo

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards