Plus-Sized
Options

PLUS SIZED BRIDES QUESTION ABOUT SEX.

I am plus sized, and I am getting married in about 5 months (after 5 years of dating). Dont laugh! It was by choice on both of our parts! How did you feel sexy on your first time/ wedding night? I don't think I will have a problem with it, but I just wanted to know your experience. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PLUS SIZED BRIDES QUESTION ABOUT SEX.

• Options
    I think it will just come natural to both of you.

If you want to look sexy maybe try getting a cute little nightie, that would be fun for the both of you.
  • Options
    Definitely go shopping for some bridal lingerie that you feel comfortable in.  Don't buy something just because its sexy, but because you feel sexy in it.  Set the mood however you would like--candles, music, etc.  And don't set your expectations to high, I"m sure it will be a wonderful evening for both of you but you don't want to make yourself so nervous because you are trying to act out some movie scene or something!  And remember you are sharing something wonderful with your new husband! Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies. Just relax and don't stress over it. Don't try to make it this huge expierence just let it be what it is. Remember movies are a fantasy and not everyone really gets that type of expierence.
  • Options
    Sexy is an attitude.  You can be sexy in jogging pants (although lingerie helps if your comfortable in it).  But I agree with the others.... a few candles, and the rest should come natural.  
  • Options
    Chelsea get your butt over to Lane Bryant right this second, they have all of their Valentines Day lingerie out and they have the best selection! Try some on and have FUN!  Don't focus on anything except how much you love your fiance and how much he loves you and how good it feels when he holds your hand. I promise you he already thinks you are the sexist thing alive and can't wait for your honeymoon. To relax wear some of the lingerie by yourself before the wedding so you get used to it and build up your confidence. And when the time comes light some candles and pop the champagne.  Wink
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I'm personally not even going for lingerie.  It doesn't make me feel sexy, it makes me feel awkward.  So that being said, if you don't usually wear lingerie, you might want to test out some basics and see if you like them!  No matter what you do, it will be a special time between the two of you, it will be the first night together as a married couple.  

Do whatever you are comfortable with.  Good luck! :)
  • Options
    I think it's whatever you feel comfy with.a cute nightie and just your veilwould be cute! lane bryant has cute lingerie...so does hips and curves.com! good luck:)
    *ready to have him always be the sprinkles to my ice cream! New Knottie*
  • Options
    It doesn't have to be the smexy lacy stuff.  Try a simple satin nightgown; it feels good on the skin, doesn't have odd shapes, and can be elegant and sexy.  Wear it by yourself a few times and practice walking around.  Don't worry about adopting a 'sexy' walk, just hold your head up and shoulders back, and glide.  Believe me, that works wonders on your confidence, and if there's one thing that guys agree on, it's that confidence is sexy!

And if this is TMI, i can delete it, but make sure you know what works for you, pleasure-wise.  Knowing what works and showing him what to do will really make it awesome for both of you.

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

• Options
    Dubird is right! Doesn't have to be anything uncomfortable or silly. Just something simple that you don't wear everyday. Mostly I have learned...and this probably is TMI.. but guys are so happy that they are about to get laid, they tend to overlook the little things that bother you! So practice building your confidence and be happy. He's marrying you so obviously he's crazy about you.
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I'm not super worried about looking sexy, but FI did mention the other day in Fashion Bug that he thought the lace boy shorts would look hot, so I'm going to get a pair of those and maybe a baby doll nighty to match.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    I second that being sexy is really about an attitude!!

Your hubby loves you.  Take comfort in that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bought a pair of lacy boy shorts from freshpair.com that fit great (fit to size) and my fiance loves them.  I feel good in them because there is more coverage so we have a win win.

One piece of advice.  The perspective you have in the mirrow when you look at yourself will never match his. Remember that he loves you and is attracted to you (otherwise he wouldn't be marrying you)  All the imperfections you pick out - he isn't seeing so relax and enjoy the night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards