Plus-Sized
Options

Longline Bra Options..

Hi ladies! I'm in need of suggestions for different long line bras and undergarments. I had on one while dress shopping at David's that fit well, but I hate boning. The reason I picked the dress I did is because of the ease of wear and how comfy it is! I can sit in it! Yay! I have a pair of spanx but they tend to roll from the top. I've seen longlines without the boning in them, but can't find any in my size in dept. stores. I'm a 42DD and my dress is a halter. Any suggestions of other places that carry them? I'd prefer to not order online, but I'm worried I might have to! Help!

Re: Longline Bra Options..

• Options
    edited March 2012
    try jc penney. I am the same size and have had luck there in our size.
  • Options
    I was going to do a strapless bra and a tall Spanx.  Now I'm worried.  How much does yours roll?  Do you think it's more because it's old?  What about using body tape?  Have you tried that with it?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I ordered 3 different ones from JCpenny online and the fit ended up being so DRASTICALLY different. Only one actually fit and when I tried wearing it to a dress fitting it completely lost it's shape. I was not very pleased with the JC penny ones.

I just ordered from Victoria's Secret, I'm hoping that theirs is a better fit (I like every bra I've ever gotten from them, so I'm hoping their bustier works well for me).

I'm comfortable ordering stuff online because the return policies are all excellent.

Worst case scenario, I know for a fact that the longline bras my dress store has are comfortable as hell and well made...they just cost over $100, which I think is a pretty steep price.
  • Options
    I am wearing a strapless bra from Lane Bryan and bought a new pair of spanxs.  I think it will work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered a longline bra online from amazon and am wearing it with spanx. I was completely lost with what size to get, so I read the reviews carefully and ordered the size bra that Davids Bridal had me use when I went dress shopping (I normally wear a 38 DD, but ended up buying a 42C in this bra). 

It fits great and only cost $35. I'm super happy. BUT... I haven't had a chance to try it with my dress yet, so we'll see. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would try a dress shop, I got mine from the Bridal Salon... I was scared it would be expensive, but is was $65.. ((granted a lot for something you only wear once) but I was about the same as the ones I had seen online,

Or maybe Dillards, (see your in the south) Macy's or Stein Mart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards