Plus-Sized

Pretty dresses, help me choose...

So I am debating... whether or not I want to buy a dress for our rehearsal dinner and other wedding-y functions. Anyway, I've been searching the internet and found 2 amazing dresses. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Pretty dresses, help me choose...

• Out of those two dresses, I like the second, but thats because I like having versatile clothes. I keep staring at my wedding dress in the closet wondering what I'm going to do with it.

I think its cute and fun. Do they have a good return policy in case you don't like it on you?
  • Both of them are darling! I would say that it depends on the whole feel of your wedding. Is it wild, fun, any surprises? Then the second would be my choice, but if your wedding is more chic, clean and fresh, then I would go with the first one! Either way, it's a win-win because they are both great dresses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wouldn't go with anything white or mostly white. Save that for the wedding day and WOW everyone!
    As for buying somthing I say go for it if you want to but make sure it's somthing you can wear again. So much of everything else you bought for the wedding can only be used once.
  • I really like the second one- I would also totally do the red crinoline but that's just me! I think they're cute dresses; I haven't even thought of the rehearsal dinner...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love the second one. It's very cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love, Love Love the second one....red slip and all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love the second one a lot.  Another idea, if you want that style - check out Bettie Paige at the MoA - then you can try them on in advance.  My RD dress is from there and I've already worn it twice.
  • Unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket, I would seriously reconsider buying a new dress JUST for the rehearsal dinner.
  • I'm saying number 2 cause it looks just like the dress I plan to wear on rehearsal day.. :) Love the red slip though, what a nice touch!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE # 2 - but my colors our b/w damask with yellow so i am very biased- in fact faved it and might have to buy it for my shower - I love the entire look - i have been searching for pinup style shoes for my wedding - so a big THANK YOU for the link as well! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • I think they're both really cute - but agree with PP that I'd avoid the all white.  I bought an all white dress thinking I'd wear it for a shower or the RD, but when the time came I realized it wasn't SUPER flattering sitting down (which you are for most of a shower) and we went much more casual for our RD.  So now I have a super cute white dress sitting in my closet that I've never worn b/c I can't wear it to a wedding or someone else's shower, and we just don't have that many reasons to dress up frequently...
  • I wish the black and white came in a size bigger, I'm an 18/20 and I don't think it would fit :( But I do love it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yah... the more I look at their sizes the more I'm realizing how small they run. I might have to investigate different options. Hm... 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • For wedding-y functions, like rehersal dinner and such, I would go with the second.  It still says "I'm the bride", but that way you can save your all white attire for the wedding itself and feel extra special.  

If you are going to wear it for the reception, I say the first dress, because its your wedding day :)

You can't go wrong either way, and neither are too terribly expensive.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_pretty-dresses-help-me-choose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:094b2c77-d418-4c0a-a55e-1116537b07d5Post:3469139d-35e5-4450-b132-c22afaa77506">Re: Pretty dresses, help me choose...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yah... the more I look at their sizes the more I'm realizing how small they run. I might have to investigate different options. Hm... 
    Posted by egeurts[/QUOTE]

I got mine at DEB...and it looks just like the 2nd one, without the red slip...just to be of some help..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards