Plus-Sized
Options

Chaffing

This might be TMI for some people, but i'm wondering what some of you ladies do to avoid inner thigh chaffing when wearing a skirt or a dress?

For my best friends wedding one of her other BMs told me to put antiperspirant on my inner thighs. It totally worked.

Re: Chaffing

• Options
    I find that works for about 10 minutes.

I have a ball gown. Heavy Tulle. It's hotter than hell in that dress and since I don't need the control of spanx, I am thinking of getting some thin, white spadex type shorts. I have a black and blue pair I wear under flowy summer dresses. They aren't too tight, just enough to stay in place and not move too much.
  • Options
    unpadded cycling shorts, spanx or spanx like control underwear, and/or zinc cream (baby diaper rash) - if it's just for a little bit, I have this stuff called 'TBS' (The Butt Stuff) which is a 'Saddle cream' for cycling (it does help for longer bike rides, but just doesn't have the stay power I'd like); for creams - zinc oxide is my favorite (think baby diaper rash).

Anniversary
  • Options
    I was just about to ask about Gold Bond, but Body Glide sounds interesting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    unpadded cycling shorts, spanx or spanx like control underwear, and/or zinc cream (baby diaper rash) - if it's just for a little bit, I have this stuff called 'TBS' (The Butt Stuff) which is a 'Saddle cream' for cycling (it does help for longer bike rides, but just doesn't have the stay power I'd like); for creams - zinc oxide is my favorite (think baby diaper rash).
    Does the zinc oxide smell like diaper rash cream?  That stuff has a potent and not particularly pleasant odor.  I would never reccomend that for someone on their wedding day.
  • Options
    Ven&Radio said:
    Does the zinc oxide smell like diaper rash cream?  That stuff has a potent and not particularly pleasant odor.  I would never reccomend that for someone on their wedding day.
    I bought one that specifically said 'chafing' and I don't remember a smell on that one, I THINK it was this one:

And actually Zinc Oxide is supposed to help reduce body odor.  If you buy the ones that are more of a baby diaper cream, yes, it'll probably smell.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I swear by Uberlube. It's actually a silicone lubricant, but a little goes a long way! I use it every time I hit the gym or choose to wear shorts or a skirt. I'm also a huge fan of Chamios Butt'r since you can buy the small packs to just throw in your bag if you need to reapply it. It's a life saver! (Also a total thigh saver).

• Options
    Thank god for this thread, I didn't even think of that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll second BodyGlide (the other products above sound great too).  I've been using Body Glide for YEARS running races (half and one full marathons).  Chafing is a huge issue for me as a plus sized runner. If I go over about 5 miles without body glide I will be bleeding where my bra hits and where my thighs rub.

Funny, I didn't think to pack any for the wedding so I'm super glad for this thread!
  • Options
    leeann0419leeann0419 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    I'm a chef, and it gets INSANELY hot and *cough* sweaty *cough* in the kitchen. So I deal with the chub rub chafe on a regular basis. I swear by my "chub rub shorts" which are just spandex workout shorts I get at target- the mens are the same exact cut , but 2 bucks cheaper, but the women's come in better colors just FYI haha. 7inch seam is the best because it covers the most chub rub space.

however, if you're not wanting to flash some shorts by accident, I swear by "Fresh Breast" lotion. It goes on like a lotion- but dries as a powder- that doesn't get all over everything. So your skin is left dry, but silky and not sticky and gross, like using the lubricant gels and oiintments. If you have large breasts, it works AMAZING on hot days for the boob sweat. oh the dreaded cleavage swamp. doesn't smell like anything really, so worries about smelling like baby lotion or anything. and a little goes a  LONG way so the bottle lasts forever.

Haha I could discuss Chub Rub remedies all day long. In a pinch however, a little corn starch will always do  the trick- just an FYI
  • Options
    Fresh Breast. Gotta try that for outside training (and maybe the wedding)
  • Options
    I used to serve in bar and had to wear a short skirt for my shifts. The secret is layers: diaper rash cream THEN powder. I use Destin diaper rash cream (thin layer, you don't need much) then powder. Some of the girls used straight baby powder but Pure Romance sells this spray powder stuff that works really well and smells very nice so you don't smell like diaper rash cream. Works like a charm and I have thunder thighs.
  • Options
    Body glide really is absolutely amazing.  I also use it for shoes, in places where they tend to rub.  They have a women's version but it's smaller and more expensive than the men's, and they work the same. 

• Options
    I second the spanx/shorts route. I always wear something like that under skirts/dresses (although for me, it also helps me feel like I have a little more coverage under short dresses and control in general. Sometimes I even buy a size slightly larger so I don't feel like I'm squeezed into spanx.
  • Options
    zombie thread!
  • Options
    Spray on deodorant/antiperspirant!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

Spray on deodorant/antiperspirant!!!

This thread is over 3 years old.  Feel free to start a new thread if you want to talk about chafing issues and remedies!
  • Options
    Closing this now @JoanE2012 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards