Plus-Sized

Seven months and no dress

Lurker here .... I'm getting married in seven months and still haven't been dress shopping. The thought of it terrifies me. Sigh. It will be a small wedding, somewhat non-traditional so I don't need or want anything too princessy. Argh.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seven months and no dress

• Check out the dress shopping tips and the wedding dress thread right about your thread on the main page. It offers a lot of great ideas on how to deal with the stress of shopping. Good luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can check out white dresses (or whatever color you want) at department stores and online as well.  At David's Bridal you could get a dress in time as well.  You still have a fair number of options! 

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It will be ok. Just FYI. Maurice's has a simple chiffon white dress for100 right now. I would have gotten it for my wedding if it had been there then and saved so much money lol.

• Thanks for the tip on MUrice's. I took a look and it's cute but I really don't want sleeveless.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married in November and probably won't start dress shopping til May. I think especially as you are looking for something a little non-traditional, you shouldn't need eons of lead time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_seven-months-and-no-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:18b956d9-4070-422d-bd67-8af9b8c720f9Post:defc95cd-1e45-4b60-8c23-ea78d9f71059">Seven months and no dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lurker here .... I'm getting married in seven months and still haven't been dress shopping. The thought of it terrifies me. Sigh. It will be a small wedding, somewhat non-traditional so I don't need or want anything too princessy. Argh.
    Posted by southofnormal[/QUOTE]

<div>I see you're from Detroit? If that is the case, I highly highly recommend checking out Bombshell Bridal Boutique in Saint Claire Shores. They cater to plus size only and I have had a wonderful experience every single time I went in there. The ladies who own the shop are helpful and friendly.</div><div>
    </div><div>I got my dress from there, and I love the place so much I also am getting bridesmaids dresses and groomsmen vests/ties from there as well.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_seven-months-and-no-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:18b956d9-4070-422d-bd67-8af9b8c720f9Post:8c2d2478-d897-4d5a-abea-de58af082149">Re: Seven months and no dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the tip on MUrice's. I took a look and it's cute but I really don't want sleeveless.
    Posted by southofnormal[/QUOTE]

You could add a simple shrug over it.  There's lots of cute styles that would give you sleeves and add a little something unique to it.

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

• Entropic - yes, near Ann Arbor. I've heard of them and will consider checking them out. I did order a couple dresses from Macy's and they should arrive in a couple days. We'll see how those work out. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards