Plus-Sized

What should I do?

Hi Ladies!

I'm having my first big STRESSING OUT moment!  I just read a recent review of the service from our venue, and it is a HORRIBLE review.  The reviewer was extremely  disappointed with the food; it was served two hours late and was cold.  They also mentioned the venue was very short staffed, and did not complete most of their flower arrangements.  

We put our deposit down for this venue over a year ago.  Our wedding is less than three months away, so there is no way of finding another place.  I know there is nothing I can do, but seriously! The venue is such a big part of the wedding.  We are having our ceremony and reception there!  I'm so nervous now.  

Thanks for reading my vent.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What should I do?

• Schedule an IN PERSON meeting with the venue's caterind director, or whoever you are working with.  Tkae a copy of the review, and go over everything for your wedding again, asking questions about each specific thing that was in the review.

• Definitely confront them with the review and ask how they are going to ensure this absolutely does NOT happen for your wedding.  Is it possible that there was something else going on that wasn't in the review? it was last minute - an emergency or some other extenuating circumstance?    Are there other good recent reviews for this venue?  
  • I would go down to the venue and voice your concerns. 
  • GO DOWN THERE!! you need to brin the review with you. and ask them if you need to find a new venue. good luck 
  • Was this the only bad review?  How many reviews in total?

It is worth talking to the venue about it but if this is one bad review of many then the issue could be that this was the type of person that is not happy with anything.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If this is their only negative review I wouldn't stress too much about it. I would contact who ever you have been talking to at the venue and tell them you saw the bad review. Tell her/him it concerns you and that you don't want that to happen at your wedding. I am a former wedding vendor (planner) and out of a few hundred reviews I had one negative one from a bride who complained about all of her vendors. Nothing was right in her eyes. My mama always said you can't please all of the people all of the time!
  • I would see if I could contact the reviewer. See if that event had the same number of guests as you've invited and if they served the same food. I've been to 2 weddings at the same venue. The 1st was smaller (less than 100 guests) and was wonderful. I was really looking forward to the 2nd wedding. But it was larger (around 250 guests) and everything was a nightmare.  The venue wasn't prepared to deal with such a large event. 

I would also make an appointment with the venue and show them the review. As long as you're nice about it, a good venue will go out of their way to prove to you how good they are.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards