Plus-Sized
Options

Shoes

Hey girls!  I've been having the hardest time finding shoes to wear for the big day. I want flats because I'm already as tall as my fiance and don't want to tower over him and I trip on flat surfaces. My problem is that I am a 13 W. And all the cute bridal shoes are not flat or a 13 W. If I bought just plain regular brown on the bottom, white leather sandals (<-clicky) would it clash?  Would anyone notice or care?

Anyone else having a shoe issue?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shoes

• Options
    I dont have an answer for you, but for larger size shoes I have always found 6pm.com and onestopplus.com you may find something that would work for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you tried barefoottess.com ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes I've checked them all. They all have some shoes in my size but none that I would consider really cute and I don't want to settle yet. And I'm worried about some of the shoes that are silver clashing with my diamond white dress that has blue trim in it. :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think anyone would notice or care.  Are you set on having white/ivory shoes or would you want something with color?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    At this point, as long as my feet don't hurt and the shoes don't clash with the dress, I'm open to anything.  My dress (<~click) has the color cobalt in it. So the shoes can be blue or white (dress is white).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wear whatever you want! So long as your dress isn't tea length, chances are most people won't even SEE your shoes.

I'm being incredibly silly and wearing 4" red silk heels because I like heels, but no one else will probably even SEE them.
  • Options
    Entropic, that's awesome!  I don't have the coordination to do 1" heels, let alone 4"!  You're right. I think I'm just going to go with the non-bridal sandals. I always take my shoes off at weddings to dance and my own won't be any different. Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:2ecfd541-6488-4ef9-ab38-d3f974a3dee9Post:c2c802ca-6952-46ad-ab0d-485a3b0078d5">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wear whatever you want! So long as your dress isn't tea length, chances are most people won't even SEE your shoes.<strong> I'm being incredibly silly and wearing 4" red silk heels because I like heels, but no one else will probably even SEE them.</strong>
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm a heels girl too and already plan on bring out my highest, most sparkley, and over the top shoes I have. I love wearing crazy shoes, and no one will even see them under my dress. </div><div>
    </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    did you try shoebuy.com
    My MOH has size 12 (12 1/2) and she found some adorable shoes there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:2ecfd541-6488-4ef9-ab38-d3f974a3dee9Post:ee8f09bf-8649-4057-b109-50bd5c1a9d42">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes : I'm a heels girl too and already plan on bring out my highest, most sparkley, and over the top shoes I have. I love wearing crazy shoes, and no one will even see them under my dress. 
    Posted by StephLove12[/QUOTE]

me too!! I have a super bright pink pair, a glitter bling pair and then a pair of white ones that are super high and awesome!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:2ecfd541-6488-4ef9-ab38-d3f974a3dee9Post:ee8f09bf-8649-4057-b109-50bd5c1a9d42">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes : I'm a heels girl too and already plan on bring out my highest, most sparkley, and over the top shoes I have. I love wearing crazy shoes, and no one will even see them under my dress. 

I can see myself regretting the decision by the end of the night, but worst case scenario I have a pair of flats or flip flops I bring along just in case and slip into those!

I figure I wear heels for work almost every day, I can probably stand to be in them all day for a wedding :)...plus I figure I'm being reasonable by using 4" heels instead of 5" ones!
  • Options
    I was going to suggest the glitter shoe idea from the DIY board, too! I just did some last weekend with a pair of heels. BUT I'm not much of a heel wearer, either, so I'm thinking about doing it again with a pair of sandals.
  • Options
    Most plus size stores that sell shoes sell 13W.  I know Lane Bryant does, as does Torrid.  Zappo's has dozens of 13W flats as well (and some in white.)

Personally, the sandals you linked look more like my grandmother going to the grocery store than wedding. They are WAY too casual imho.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Zappos.com "wedding shoes" in a 13w. 

http://www.zappos.com/womens-shoes~1i7#!/women-shoes/CK_XAToC7xN6BNQE2QSCAQWrGJWABcABAeICBQEYBw8P.zso?s=goliveRecentSalesStyle/desc/

There are some cute kitten heels in there that will dress it up a bit without hurting your feet making you much taller than the thick sole on those sandals.

Same idea for Shoes.com:
    http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Womens/White/_/_/Size+13.0+Womens-Width+Wide_C+or+W-Size+13.0+Mens/Products.aspx

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:2ecfd541-6488-4ef9-ab38-d3f974a3dee9Post:613f9944-1abd-4fe1-a4fb-eeab544aa4b8">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes : I wear heels every day, but I ALWAYS keep the rolled up flats (i'm blanking on the brand!!) that come in a cute litte pouch in my purse at all times. 

I think they might be Dr. Scholles? I know what you're talking about though, I see them when I go to get the heel liners for my shoes :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:2ecfd541-6488-4ef9-ab38-d3f974a3dee9Post:9f14521c-ad36-45ce-9769-f7dab314f357">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes I've checked them all. They all have some shoes in my size but none that I would consider really cute and I don't want to settle yet. <strong>And I'm worried about some of the shoes that are silver clashing with my diamond white dress that has blue trim in it. :/
    </strong>Posted by vacrakgirl[/QUOTE]
    Silver would look awesome with white and blue. Silver goes with almost anything.
  • Options
    you could buy a pair that you like the style of, maybe even if in a not so cute color.... and do the glitter shoes that many girls have done one the DIY board.... just a thought :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:2ecfd541-6488-4ef9-ab38-d3f974a3dee9Post:04cd4190-9645-4ecc-bd1c-608f550333b7">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes : I think they might be Dr. Scholles? I know what you're talking about though, I see them when I go to get the heel liners for my shoes :)

The two pairs I have are called "Fit in Cloud."  I have a black faux snakeskin for everyday relief, and a silver glittery pair I bought especially for the wedding.  I have a feeling I'm going to need them.

OP: Have you checked eBay for cute flats?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:2ecfd541-6488-4ef9-ab38-d3f974a3dee9Post:23342832-eb90-418c-8d7c-fb509a3b8b52">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes : I can see myself regretting the decision by the end of the night, but worst case scenario I have a pair of flats or flip flops I bring along just in case and slip into those! I figure I wear heels for work almost every day, I can probably stand to be in them all day for a wedding :)...plus I figure I'm being reasonable by using 4" heels instead of 5" ones!

good call on the backup flip flops!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:2ecfd541-6488-4ef9-ab38-d3f974a3dee9Post:23342832-eb90-418c-8d7c-fb509a3b8b52">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes : I can see myself regretting the decision by the end of the night, but worst case scenario I have a pair of flats or flip flops I bring along just in case and slip into those! I figure I wear heels for work almost every day, I can probably stand to be in them all day for a wedding :)...plus I figure I'm being reasonable by using 4" heels instead of 5" ones!
    I wear heels every day, but I ALWAYS keep the rolled up flats (i'm blanking on the brand!!) that come in a cute litte pouch in my purse at all times. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My dress had cobalt blue in it, and I wore low silver heels. I loved the color combination. If you find silver shoes, I would definitely consider it if I were you.

*Ashley & Anthony* *06.25.11* Anniversary

2012 Reading Challenge
    Ashley has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Options
    Have you checked out DSW I bought 2 pairs of dress sandals there today for $15 total. Otherwise gonna sound crazy but have you contemplated the white ballerina SLIPPERS? I know Walmart and some Hobby Lobbys carry them (technically up to a 12) but they are so stretchy and comfy that I wear a 5/6 and I usually wear a 7 1/2 or 8.
  • Options
    Unless you ask the photographer to take pictures of you with your dress up to see them, I don't think anyone will even think about what shoes you are wearing.  Wear something that you are comfy in!
  • Options
    kendall found a bunch of shoes for you, posted, and for some reason none of her posts are showing up. she asked me to share them with you- she found some cute ones!

Zappos.com "wedding shoes" in 13w: clicky
    There are some cute kitten heels in there that will dress it up a bit without hurting your feet making you much taller than the thick sole on those sandals.

same idea, shoes.com: clicky

Found more all with less than 1in heels (if any) which are similar to the thickness of your sandals so height won't be an issue. All 13W.
    1. clicky
    2. clicky
    3. clicky
    4. clicky
    5. clicky
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Why not find some fun/funky looking flats or find someone to help you bling up a simple pair. I plan on wearing flats, myself and i want something fun that i can wear on a regular basis after i get married. that way everytime i wear them, i'll always have a little smile when i put them on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards