Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Girls on Yaz

Can you delay your AF by one week only?If I leave it be, I get AF for the wedding. If I skip next AF, I get AF for the HM. If I take 5 weeks of active pills this month, the timing ends up being perfect. Any ideas?

Re: Girls on Yaz

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there,  I'm not sure about longer then a week but I know that I have delayed it for 7 days and I had no problem whatsoever.  Something else you may want to try is to delay it a week the month before then a week the month of, so that you don't have to skip 2 weeks at a time.  I had a friend who skipped for 2 weeks, but I beleive she said she got really bloated and felt crappy the second week, so.... HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about Yaz specifically, but I think this can be done.  When I went to my dr. about this a couple months before my wedding, he suggested changing the pills so I got AF the week before the wedding, which was a week earlier than expected.  But he said since I hadn't been taking it regularly, it wouldn't work.  Maybe your Dr. could work that out for you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...I would think you could do it and it would work, but might possibly render them ineffective because you aren't completing the whole cycle? So you could take a week, stop taking them and get breakthrough bleeding, but technically you could ovulate in that time period, then go back on the pill, but it would be in the middle of a pack of pills. I'd just take them straight through the wedding and the honeymoon, skipping all placebos until the wedding and honeymoon are over. I do it all the time and never have a problem. Have you ever skipped before?
  • Options
    pugnpenguinpugnpenguin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe check with your doc like a pp said? Mine wants me to stop in to see her in September so we can figure it out how to not have AF at the wedding or HM.
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have always had zero luck trying to move a period, no matter what I'm on. Some girls have no trouble skipping the sugar pills and moving AF, but I will have weeks of breakthrough bleeding - my AF just does not like to be F'ed with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards