Plus-Sized

Wtoo gowns

For some reason, I have it in my head that the Wtoo line by Watters makes my dream dress. It isn't a specific dress even, so its weird, but I just love their designs. I find them modern and trendy and I feel like they match my everyday style much more than most bridal lines. They even boast a "plus size line" on their site now, which I'm pretty sure they just put their regular gowns on a plus size model and bragged that they go up to a size 24. All their gowns do.

The problem is, I can not find a sample anywhere that will fit me enough to even get a rough idea of what a dress of theirs will look like on me! I refuse to order a dress I have not seen on my body. There are literally only three stores that I know of in my state that carry the Wtoo line, and I've been two two of them (the other one is a six hour drive away so I haven't been). The first shop said they didn't have a sample of any dress in the store would that would fit me (I'm a size 16 in jeans) and since they didn't want to waste their time showing me dresses they referred me to a plus size bridal shop in town. They were kind of rude about it so it irked me. The second store only had samples in size 8. They suggested I watch my size 10 sister try some on so I could see them on a person. My sister couldn't even get the samples closed on her, and I also think that was a stupid idea because we are TOTALLY different body types. She is maybe a busty apple shape and I am a small chested pear shape. Yeah.

Anyway, at this point I have tried on other dresses that were very pretty. The store we have in our city for plus size brides is wonderful and they carry lines like Allure and Justin Alexander. I also had a GREAT experience at David's and tried on several of the White by VW dresses, and I felt like they were modern and trendy and what I was looking for. I'm still stuck on these freakin' Wtoo dresses though, so much that I'm considering scoping out shops in the Los Angeles area and driving five hours just to try on a dress. That's crazy, right? Do you guys think I should just order a different dress and let it go?

Did any of you girls buy/wear a Wtoo dress or know other plus size brides who have? What was your experience?

ETA: I'm also open to other designer/dress suggestions! I like modern looking dresses and I prefer a fit & flare, not too mermaid-y mermaid cut (if that makes sense), or an a line dress. I don't like a lot of pouf, which is why I think I am having a hard time with plus size gowns in the first place.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wtoo gowns

• I cant' help with Wtoo. I didn't try any of those on. But, have you looked at the Mori Lee Julietta line. The Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 line have quite a few fit & flares.
  • I had a similar problem looking for my dress and my now, also with my bridesmaids dresses. We all are plus size.

If you know the store in CA carries your size to try on, I would do it. Otherwise, we as plus size brides have to go to plus sized bridal shops and try on dresses. If you find something to try on in the same fabric and silhouette, this might give you a good idea of how the Wtoo dress will look. I think this is better than getting another person who does not have your body type try on dresses for you.
  • Thanks for the replies girls. I will check out the Julietta line, because I saw a few pretty dresses on their website.

Right after I posted this I emailed Watters and basically whined that I REEEEEALLLLLLLYYY wanted to buy one of their dresses and I couldn't find any to try on. Their communications director emailed me back within an hour and said I could choose a few styles and they would ship samples IN MY SIZE to a shop in my area so that I could try them on and the store could just ship them back the samples when I was finished, and if I liked one I could even buy it off the rack that day! He suggested I just choose a few silhouettes so I could get a feel for the cut and sizing and go from there.

This totally made my day! I wanted to share this though in case other brides were looking for this. Also, Watters has GREAT customer service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is awesome! I hope you find the dress of your dreams!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_wtoo-gowns?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:5159a48d-e3ee-447c-9b96-7c256494b52ePost:bf313eeb-7396-4ac9-afd4-41b713d8df6b">Re: Wtoo gowns</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the replies girls. I will check out the Julietta line, because I saw a few pretty dresses on their website. Right after I posted this I emailed Watters and basically whined that I REEEEEALLLLLLLYYY wanted to buy one of their dresses and I couldn't find any to try on. Their communications director emailed me back within an hour and said I could choose a few styles and they would ship samples IN MY SIZE to a shop in my area so that I could try them on and the store could just ship them back the samples when I was finished, and if I liked one I could even buy it off the rack that day! He suggested I just choose a few silhouettes so I could get a feel for the cut and sizing and go from there. This totally made my day! I wanted to share this though in case other brides were looking for this. Also, Watters has GREAT customer service.
    Posted by Barbiiieee[/QUOTE]

Wow !  that is great service!!
  • Mori Lee Julietta line is an amazing plus line i have not tried on any of the dresses yet but when i do i know i will be buying from that line. as for the rude bridal place that wanted nothing to do with you i would call them up and talk to the manager and also tell them u are going to tell everyone you know to stay far away from the salon beacuse they are nothing but rude to bigger size brides
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards