Plus-Sized
Options

Is there a mod?

I have been trying to read the threads, but honestly do not care about all the drama in them. I became a lurker only when everything went down before because of 1 poster here. I loved the board when it first came out, it was awesome. It could have been great, i can see them pulling it but anyways back to my original question. 

Is there a mod here? I see stickies by 2 different people but i thought only mods could post stickies & i see no mod up top. Just wanted clarification because i am confused, honestly do not wanna start drama. I do not want to pm anyone because i don't know anyone here, don't want them to think i am crazy. I am only asking because if things go back to normal i may come back, i love the idea of ps board as a ps bride. A simple yes or no will suffice, thank you. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is there a mod?

• Options
    bruna29bruna29 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as I am aware (which I understand that I could totally be out of the loop), there is not a mod yet. DJ has stepped down as the PS mod, so TK gods are figuring it out. I hope you come back to the PS board. Not all of the posters are crazy and looking to stir up drama. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I remember reading that there is a new mod coming.  I forget who, but I thought I read it in one of the drama posts...I'm sure the new mod will post when it's official...I too stopped posting during all the crazy drama crap.  Hopefully it will go back to normal where people are comfortable posting again...

Also, as far as the stickies go, a mod can make any post a sticky even it were made by another knottie...
  • Options
    Hi ladies, haven't posted on this board much(lurker). OP, you are right it was a little crazy I lurked a lot getting inspired by PS board. Seeing the ladies find dresses and being comfortable in dress shopping made me realize I too can be a gorgeous bride even if I don't hit my goal.
    I hope it gets back to a place where we can come for encouragement/advise and just to vent. I believe that this was the reason this forum was created. Not the mud slinging it sometimes becomes.
  • Options
    FWIW...Most of the drama is contained in obvious drama threads.  It has always been, and remains, quite easy to get the encouragement you come here for while avoiding the bulk of the drama.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_there-mod?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:65357973-14a2-43de-80c0-a2f8b149d685Post:dc7445c8-124f-4c8f-bcd4-be000fb5cb30">Re: Is there a mod?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember reading that there is a new mod coming.  I forget who, but I thought I read it in one of the drama posts...I'm sure the new mod will post when it's official...I too stopped posting during all the crazy drama crap.  Hopefully it will go back to normal where people are comfortable posting again..<strong>. Also, as far as the stickies go, a mod can make any post a sticky even it were made by another knottie...</strong>
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you, i did not know that. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the answers ladies, i will continue to lurk for now, the poster whom i would rather avoid is still around so i will wait to see how the new mod does. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_there-mod?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:65357973-14a2-43de-80c0-a2f8b149d685Post:12397a38-fd8d-45b3-bb5b-66242e104d2f">Re: Is there a mod?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a mod? : Thank you, i did not know that.  Thanks for the answers ladies, i will continue to lurk for now, the poster whom i would rather avoid is still around so i will wait to see how the new mod does. 
    Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]<div>How is this relevant to having a mod around or not?

</div>
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_there-mod?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:65357973-14a2-43de-80c0-a2f8b149d685Post:12397a38-fd8d-45b3-bb5b-66242e104d2f">Re: Is there a mod?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a mod? : Thank you, i did not know that.  Thanks for the answers ladies, i will continue to lurk for now, <strong>the poster whom i would rather avoid is still around</strong> so i will wait to see how the new mod does. 
    Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]

You know you can black that person, right? No need to be all martyr about your "boycott".

Who is the offending poster ? Care to name names?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_there-mod?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:65357973-14a2-43de-80c0-a2f8b149d685Post:13e9c9e4-2e15-4eb5-8223-dcc21b1ba435">Re: Is there a mod?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a mod? : I have no idea who the new mods are, but just to clarify, those announcing they were the new mod are not really the new mod.  There was a lot of joking in those threads, but if you weren't familiar with the posters, it may have seemed serious.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying!! DJ did you ever get my PM from a while ago?? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_there-mod?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:65357973-14a2-43de-80c0-a2f8b149d685Post:12397a38-fd8d-45b3-bb5b-66242e104d2f">Re: Is there a mod?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a mod? : Thank you, i did not know that.  Thanks for the answers ladies, i will continue to lurk for now, the poster whom i would rather avoid is still around so i will wait to see how the new mod does. 
    Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]

Yup, sounds like you totally want to avoid drama.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_there-mod?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:65357973-14a2-43de-80c0-a2f8b149d685Post:13e9c9e4-2e15-4eb5-8223-dcc21b1ba435">Re: Is there a mod?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a mod? : I have no idea who the new mods are, but just to clarify, those announcing they were the new mod are not really the new mod.  There was a lot of joking in those threads, but if you weren't familiar with the posters, it may have seemed serious.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Well pardon me, but I was dead effing serious. Strangely, thought, ka has not yet responded. I can only assume that she's working on the specifics of my bonus structure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards