Plus-Sized
Options

Putting off our wedding

This is the second time we have done this.  The funny thing is, it is not that we don't want to get married, we just are unable to decide on anything.  The venue I really wanted is unavalable...for a year!!  I am a bit disappointed but not really.  We have the most difficult time making up our minds on anything!!  *Sigh*  I will start letting people know tomorrow.......I just needed to "say" it to some one.

Just a note, this is not our first marriage and we are both commited....and we are both 40yrs old.  Just wanted to throw that info out there.

Re: Putting off our wedding

• Options
    I understand. We've been talking about pushing ours back another 6-9 months which would put it at about Spring 2014. I'm sorry you guys are delaying yours. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Things will happen when you need/want them to happen, don't stress out about it and enjoy the extra time to plan the wedding you want!
  • Options
    Awe I'm sorry to hear that.....it's hard!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sorry :(  *hugs*.... Neither of you are going anywhere, so like PP said just enjoy the extra planning time and being able to have everything you both want. 
  • Options
    :-( I know the feeling! Me and my husband are actually already married (6 yrs. now), but we were never able to do it up big and have a ceremony and reception. We have pushed it back at least twice now and I am hoping three times is NOT the charm, but I just try to keep a positive mind and tell myself "The more time you have, the more money you can save to get EVERYTHING that you always dreamed of!" God bless and don't stress! IT WILL HAPPENLaughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you thought about doing a small civil ceremony?  You can become legally married sooner, and have your wedding ceremony/celebration with friends and family later.  Be sure to get what you want though, especially if you are waiting for your venue and other wedding details.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Funny thing happened after I posted that.......we had been to a Scottish festival and we both are of Scottish descent.  And then everything fell into place. We put the wedding off until October 13 of this year.  We will be getting married 6hrs away in the area I am from.  Plus we live in West Texas and I would really love to have some trees and green grass!!!  We will have a bagpipe player and horse and carriage.  Amazing how one Saturday afternoon can change everything! 
  • Options
    I'm sorry. We pushed ours back for nearly a year and budget wise we should again, but we're just going to figure it out. I already have the date set and I'm done moving it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards