Plus-Sized
Options

Alfred Angelo 2166 Dress??

Hello,

I'm a bit of a lurker on here and was just wondering if anyone wore or at least tried on the alfred angelo 2166?  Just wanted to get an idea of how people felt it fit on a bigger girl.  I will be going to their shop next week to start trying on dresses for the first time and that is the one that has been grabbing my eye the most.

Thanks!!!

Re: Alfred Angelo 2166 Dress??

• Options
    it was nice, i was not a fan of the metalic striping on it - not sure how to discribe that detail... it was well tried on at my store but i am in PA :) good luck they have a great selection there
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    i tried it on. very cute. like the other bride said the metalic striping not a huge fan but it locks and loads the girls and keeps everything in. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the info girls!  Going next wednesday.  I'm sure I'll try on a bunch!
  • Options
    I almost got that dress. It was one of the first ones I tried on. I liked it because the waist hit just right and it provided coverage along the bust line but still gave a tasteful hint of cleavage. The dress, however, doesn't look like the picture on line. The beading and crystal details are much lighter read clear instead of the rhinestone look. And I tried the dress on at an Alfred Angelo store.
  • Options
    It's one of my top three right now. I tried it on in a 16W and it made my waist look teeny tiny. I AWed pics of me in dresses on my "home board" (military) and it was probably their overall favorite. It fit perfectly except for the sleeves. The reasons I'm not sure are, as people mentioned above, the detailing, and that it can't be ordered in a corset back. 
  • Options
    Thanks girls!  I will be trying on probably a size 16 as well.  Only, it will definitely be a little hard to imagine the final look until I get the length right..  I'm only 5' so no matter what I get I think it will need some major alterations... 

I definitely dont' like that you can't order it as a corset back..  but will have to just wait and see what I like once I actually start trying dresses on...

Thanks again!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards