Plus-Sized

Dress is TOO big!!

So I got engaged in October. Bought my dress in November, and started losing weight. I have lost almost 40 lbs and I am so happy about it. However, I put my dress on today and it absolutely falls off of me. I am currently wearing a 14 in dresses now, my dress is an 18. My first fitting is July 2nd. Wedding is Sept 29. I am just praying that my seamstress can take it up for me!! Ugh.... just nervous I guess!
Soon to be Mrs. Roberts :)Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Re: Dress is TOO big!!

• where did you get it?  I bought my dress in an 18 and was a 14 before my first fitting, DB re-ordered it for me b/c two sizes was the max they could take it in and if I lost any more weight it wouldn't work.  It was a bit of a risk b/c *technically* it might have come in just a week before my wedding, but in reality it came a week after I ordered it.  It's worth asking! 

Also - some dresses can be taken in more than two sizes, it was a restriction of the style/structure of my dress they said it would lose the shape if they took it in any more than that, so if they won't exchange it don't worry!
  • first off congrats on your weight loss. second. what style is your dress maybe go somewhere that you can buy off the rack. a sample sale? good luck. or re order
  • I wouldn't wait until your fitting. Call them now! Not sure if it's a DB rule or just the same situation, but I was also told 2 sizes was the max my dress could be taken in.  I also had to re-order my dress at David's Bridal - they were fantastic about it.  Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards