Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

nwr: Whats for Dinner?

I have to go to a wedding rehearsal of a friend's at 5, and am planning on stopping at the grocery store on the way home to get stuff to make dinner. Only thing, I have no clue what to have.What are all of you having?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nwr: Whats for Dinner?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to Stace, I'm craving KFC, but I'm not allowed to eat that for 6 more weeks. :-(I'll probably end up with some chicken breasts and potatoes. Wedding diets suck.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spanglish sammies and a salad![url]http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/sandwich/recipe-spanglish-sandwich-005321[/url]No bacon on mine...avocado instead! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it when FI isn't home... because I can eat healthy and not worry whether or not he likes it.tonight I'm having a spinach and feta salmon burger (no bun) and green beans.  (still trying to make up for eating pizza twice last weekend.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uh, good question. Whatever FI makes :) Normally we decide ahead of time but I don't remember picking anything out.

Vacation

• Options
    reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel like chicken is the staple to our diet, that and ground beef. i feel like i cook nothing but.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmm.. that sandwich sounds good, KR.By the time I get home I'll probably just throw together a quick salad.
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stace- I'll be standing outside your window waiting for scraps! Yum!I have 4 chicken breasts thawing and will probably make pasta with chicken, mushrooms, and broccoli with some white wine and garlic butter sauce.
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I'm no help - we're headed out to dinner at the Kleiner Dutechman in Springdale.  mmmm German <3

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Steak fajitas, rice, and beans.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll be eating tuna sandwiches.  (One of DH's favorite meals.)  We haven't had time to grocery shop, and there is no way I'm cooking tonight.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Too hot to cook so we're having one of my fvorite sandwiches...it's just a baguette with roasted red peppers, fresh mozerella (sp.) cheese, and arugula with a little bit of pesto on the bread as the spread...yummy!
  • Options
    jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whatever the FI feels like cooking or whatever restaurant he picks.  He doesn't eat fast food and I don't cook.  So I eat fast food for lunch and he chooses dinner.  Hey its Jen:  I had TB for lunch today.  Always ringing the bell, the taco bell.
  • Options
    reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i decided on fried zucchini, fake mashed potatoes, and steak. mm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards